Kodi does not see files located on Desktop - w10 microsoft account
Hi there

I use Kodi 16 and 17 on 2 different android box. networked with laptop on windows 10 (microsoft account = xxxx@xxxx, not local account)

They both see my PC and partitions C:/, D:/, E:/, I:/ etc and ALL files excepted C:/. C is showed but empty.

Both Kodi 16 or 17 on 4.4 Android device or 5.0 do not see my windows 10 files located on C:/ and/or C:/users/me/desktop only. Kodi see all files elsewhere but not on C or C:/users/me/desktop

The sharing is good on C:/ like all others drives.

I tried to change for ip adress in Kodi but its the same I can go to C:/ but its empty, /Desktop empty too. Sometimes it show me 2 movies located on desktop where I have 20 others it do not show...

I'll tried the tweak on regedit about IRPStackSize but unsuccessfull Kodi see all my files on D,E,I,J,K drives but not on C: drive or C:/users/me/Desktop. Sometimes it show me 2 movies files located on my Desktop where I have plenty ...

I use Es Explorer on Android and I do NOT have any problem Es see ALL files located on ALL my devices C and Desktop included and I can play it. BS Player too, it can play all files located on my C:/ or Desktop without any problem. The problem is only with KODI because it does not see files located on C:/ and /Desktop

Some people said the problem come from windows 10 microsoft account and to try local account but I can not do this for few reasons.

Is there any tweak to resolve this issue ?

Thanks for help
please helpppppp !!!!
Hi there

I use Kodi 16 and 17 on 2 different android box. networked with laptop on windows 10 (microsoft account = xxxx@xxxx, not local account)

They both see my PC and partitions C:/, D:/, E:/, I:/ etc and ALL files excepted C:/. C is showed but empty.

Both Kodi 16 or 17 on 4.4 Android device or 5.0 do not see my windows 10 files located on C:/ and/or C:/users/me/desktop only. Kodi see all files elsewhere but not on C or C:/users/me/desktop

The sharing is good on C:/ like all others drives.

I tried to change for ip adress in Kodi but its the same I can go to C:/ but its empty, /Desktop empty too. Sometimes it show me 2 movies located on desktop where I have 20 others it do not show...

I'll tried the tweak on regedit about IRPStackSize but unsuccessfull Kodi see all my files on D,E,I,J,K drives but not on C: drive or C:/users/me/Desktop. Sometimes it show me 2 movies files located on my Desktop where I have plenty ...

I use Es Explorer on Android and I do NOT have any problem Es see ALL files located on ALL my devices C and Desktop included and I can play it. BS Player too, it can play all files located on my C:/ or Desktop without any problem. The problem is only with KODI because it does not see files located on C:/ and /Desktop

Some people said the problem come from windows 10 microsoft account and to try local account but I can not do this for few reasons.

Is there any tweak to resolve this issue ?

Thanks for help
Try creating a personal share and then make it open again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
? what do you mean ? I do not understand what you mean
I understand that win10 does nor work properly sharing c:. Get a real os.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Threads merged, please don't double up.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok thanks sorry
But you know, It's disconcerting from KODI

BSPlayer finds ALL my files on ALL folder/sub folders located on C.

VLC finds all my files located on C:/ folders/subfolders too.

ES Explorer finds all my files located on C:/ folders/subfolders too

KODI does not see any files located on C:/ folders/subfolders ! And you say that I have to get a real OS ? may be a REAL PLAYER too ?
Well if you want help, you need to make a real post with a debug log (wiki)
I should note that all those players you mentioned are available as an external player within Kodi External players (wiki)

Quote:KODI does not see any files located on C:/ folders/subfolders

First time user (wiki) and Video management (wiki) should settle this.
You can note, the fact is that all this player see my files on C but not KODI, I have to use it because KODI doesnt see any files on CConfusedo I can no use KODI
Thank you for log.file. Like you see on my debug.log here http://paste.ubuntu.com/24048793/ KODI see only 1 file on my desktop which is a url link for sony TV forum but not other around 20 movies files !
Yes I do see that. What other files are there? Can you give us a directory listing, also check ownership and permissions.

Also Desktop is a pretty bizarre place to create a server share from, and i do know there is an issue sharing anything on c:\ with win10.

Furthermore make sure windows is using smb not homegroup.
There, on desktop, I have 25 movies and some folders but KODI see NOTHING excepted an url file.

Like I said it see all other folders and partitions / files / subfolders but not on C nor desktop. On C and Desktop KODI see NOTHING !

I do not use homegroup. I use SMB (homegroup is not installed on windows). Sharing and permissions are good as I told you all other player see files VLC, BSPlayer etc etc etc etc but not KODI ...!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not see files located on Desktop - w10 microsoft account1