Kodi does not see files located on Desktop - w10 microsoft account
This is not a server share, desktop is just a useful place for me where I put movies that I want to see/delete quickly.

As I say ALL OTHER player see files, EX Explorer too... but not KODI
(2017-02-23, 00:08)nickr Wrote: ....
Also Desktop is a pretty bizarre place to create a server share from...

What is bizarre is that all other players and programs see all my files on my desktop but not KODI ...
Well I can't help any further, I have told you all I know.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well If all my programs see my files and vlc, bsplayer, es explorer player etc can play all my /desktop files but not KODI (included krypton on an other tablet) I can say to you that about KODI It has a serious problem with its way to handle connections with windows 10.

The problem do not come from windows 10 OS but from KODI itself and I'm not alone to have this issue
There are other threads on here about it. If you use the search function or google, you'll find them. I am sorry that I can't help any more personally. I recall seeing something about a registry tweak.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I use KODI on Android machines, not in windows
I would strongly suggest you don't keep your shares on the desktop. The desktop is restricted as far as access goes to your logged in user. Now you're probably running kodi as yourself, but I've always had issues with applications trying to find things on the desktop. Even creating a file share on your desktop is a bad idea.

Do yourself a favor: Move your folder to something like c:\Shares\ and then you'll be able to properly manage permissions. Kodi will see the files there, and all your other players too. If you still want to see that folder on your desktop just right click it, go to Send To -> Dektop (create shortcut).

Everything will run better that way Smile
KODI:
Windows 10, 32 GB of ram, AMD Phenom X6 @ 2.80 ghz, Using onboard video card with HDMI out
congrats mikehunt So to fix the problem I have to do not see the problem...
you must understand that I have to use /desktop place because its more usefull for me for the reasons I explained before
I dont have problem for all other disk/partitions, kodi see all but not /desktop and all other player/programs see my desktop from android machines but not KODI !!!!
(2017-02-23, 22:57)jambono Wrote: I use KODI on Android machines, not in windows
Your server runs windows, which has a registry that I understand needs tweaking, but I don't use windows for such tasks and haven't kept track of the details. anyway, happy searching.
the only thing I found is this https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/win...ba-shares/ but I'm not sure this can help. If you know something other let me know please. For now that's not help. May be after a reboot. I found another registry tweak for timeout but unfortunately I dont not have any timeout http://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows
this is what you speak about ?
if you speak about "invalid argument" registry's tweak http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148340 this is not my case I do not have any invalid argument and like I said kodi see all my files and disk or partitions excepted /desktop or C:/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not see files located on Desktop - w10 microsoft account1