Online artwork gone/not displayed
Following problem:

I scraped the music source for artists and artist pictures, fanart and biography was scraped. All well.

As there were artists without pictures (not known/scrapeable) I thought of changing the folder.jpg for the folder containing these artists as a general cover for artists without picture.

Result is, now all artists within this folder have this general picture and not the online ones :-(
Fanart is still there. I removed that general folder.jpg again, but can't get the online source to show again...

I already tried to remove thumbnails, texture db and recreated thumbnails with texturecache.py to no avail.

Scraping all artists again doesn't work either, as the artists were scraped already :-(

How can I get back the online pictures for artists? Within information for single artist I am able to choose the picture from the online sources, but I find no way to do this with all artists at once?!
My friend it seems that you have experienced a bug that a few others have possibly tripped over, but which I have so far been unable to reproduce. Not sure I recommend investigating it with your big music library (even on faster MariaDB).

My idea was it is something to do with texture db, but you have tried that. I will have another try at reproducing it my end so I can debug.
(2017-02-25, 14:18)Rusendusen Wrote: As there were artists without pictures (not known/scrapeable) I thought of changing the folder.jpg for the folder containing these artists as a general cover for artists without picture.
I'm not clear where in your folder structure you located this folder.jpg. All the unrecognised artists had folders below a common folder?

Quote:Scraping all artists again doesn't work either, as the artists were scraped already :-(

How can I get back the online pictures for artists? Within information for single artist I am able to choose the picture from the online sources, but I find no way to do this with all artists at once?!
You could modify the db directly, setting artists.lastscraped date to null using SQL, then it would rescrape. But the server traffic is heavy at the moment, so not sure a rescrape is a good odea either, it may not get results this time around.
The directory structure is like that:
/mp3/punk/artist/albums
/mp3/reggae/artist/albums

With about 10 genres as subfolders. So what I wanted to do is have a folder.jpg in reggae and one in punk and have kodi use that folder.jpg if there's no jpg in punk/artist/ or reggae/artist/

As far as I have understood, kodi uses the jpg in artist's folder if there is one and uses the punk or reggae jpg, if there's none. My intention was to be able to have either pictures for artists or the common picture so I would know from the cover if it is from folder punk or reggae. An artist in folder punk has a folder.jpg or uses the most common one from folders above. Having a picture in /mp3/punk/folder.jpg would get used for all artists in /mp3/punk/ without their own cover and same counts for reggae.
I'm aware of the drawback that if there is an artist in both folders, punk & reggae, it would get the cover from the common folder, which is /mp3/ then, but there's no /mp3/folder.jpg.

So it's basically 2 issues:
1.) is it correct that kodi searches for an artists cover in the artists folder itself or in folders above until it finds a cover? If so, I have understood correctly. Starting from the artist folder itself as source for cover or in folders above until there's a cover. That principle would allow to have for instance one folder AC_DC with a folder.jpg as artist cover and 2 subfolders underneath 'AC_DC with Bon Scott' and 'AC_DC with Brian Johnson' containing the corresponding albums but no folder.jpg. That way all albums from AC_DC would have a common artist cover. If one puts separate folder.jpgs into both subfolders, one would get separate artists covers... one with Bon Scott and one with Brian Johnson. In the later case the jpg in AC_DC/ wouldn't get used

2.) the second issue is changing/adding folder.jpgs after online info has been scraped is able to overwrite the scraped data (covers from online sources) but changing/removing folder.jpgs does not bring back the scraped state (it is, but only when updating artists manually one by one in artist info screen).
(2017-02-26, 12:16)Rusendusen Wrote: 1.) is it correct that kodi searches for an artists cover in the artists folder itself or in folders above until it finds a cover? If so, I have understood correctly. Starting from the artist folder itself as source for cover or in folders above until there's a cover. That principle would allow to have for instance one folder AC_DC with a folder.jpg as artist cover and 2 subfolders underneath 'AC_DC with Bon Scott' and 'AC_DC with Brian Johnson' containing the corresponding albums but no folder.jpg. That way all albums from AC_DC would have a common artist cover. If one puts separate folder.jpgs into both subfolders, one would get separate artists covers... one with Bon Scott and one with Brian Johnson. In the later case the jpg in AC_DC/ wouldn't get used
No Kodi does not keep searching until it finds a folder.jpg to use for the artist. It determines the folder path common to all the music files with that artist as album (or singles) artist, in your structure that is /mp3/<genre>/<artistname>/, and looks there and only there for folder.jpg

In your example, yes a folder.jpg in the AC_DC folder would be used as the art for AC/DC, that is the folder common to all their albums. Assuming that you had no other albums or singles with Bon Scott elsewhere, then a folder.jpg in 'AC_DC with Bon Scott' would be used for Bon Scott as that folder contains all the music with album artist = Bon Scott

Oh and an artist image is not a "cover", only albums have covers :p

Quote:2.) the second issue is changing/adding folder.jpgs after online info has been scraped is able to overwrite the scraped data (covers from online sources) but changing/removing folder.jpgs does not bring back the scraped state (it is, but only when updating artists manually one by one in artist info screen).
That may be true, I will need to test, but yes I believe that local data takes precidence.

What is odd is that local images then seem to persist when that image file has been removed or renamed - at least that is what you semed to descibe in your first post.
Add 2.)
Steps to reproduce:
create folder structure /music/<something>/artistsname/album
and let kodi scrape artists data and be sure to have some unscrapeable artists
After that put some folder.jpg into /music/
and see what happens ...
Remove /music/folder.jpg again and see what happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Online artwork gone/not displayed0