Channels with no EPG data -> Remaining time is confused!
Hi guys

Just a little nitpick I was wondering about.

A few of my TV channels have no EPG data (because the channel itself doesn't supply it). So my skin, and my LCD screen, cannot really show an elapsed / remaining time.

Because there is no EPG data, Kodi doesn't know how long the programme duration is. What is does then is show the time you've been watching, and then add 1 second to the assumed duration. The effect is that the GUI shows nonsensical time data, both in the duration and in the remaining time. My LCD (which normally shows remaining time for the running video), is flashing '-00:00' and '-00:01' seconds.

I don't know if this time data comes from the tvheadend add-on, from the server backend, or that it's just Kodi itself that tries to fill in the blanks?

I think Kodi will look a bit more professional if the GUI doesn't flash nonsense when you're watching TV. Perhaps you'll agree?

Can this be solved somehow? Blush

A screenshot that maybe makes it a bit more clear:
The time data is because Live TV is a constant stream, so when a feed/channel is coming in it starts at 0, and as more data arrives, the duration continually increases. (The same thing is basically true when watching a recording-in-progress: When you start the player only shows the length of the file from when you started to play it; when you get to the end of the file and continue to watch beyond what was recorded when you first started playback, you see the total length of the recording increase as it plays.)

So, it's not really a bug. The interface is showing what it knows. It has no idea the duration of the program, and because it is a live stream, it is continually increasing in length.
Yes, I understand that. But from an end-user perspective this is not particularly useful. Perhaps I'll make a new thread in the Feature Suggestions board. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels with no EPG data -> Remaining time is confused!1