Conflicting Information
First, in the thread I started the other day, Kodi's Dangelus stated the folowing:

(2017-02-16, 13:31)Dangelus Wrote: 3) We don't block 3rd party add-ons because we don't care what you do with your personal install. That's up to you. Also as project is open source it wouldn't take much for somebody to just release a version that didn't block add-ons probably within the day.

Now, an article comes out on TorrentFreak (dated 15 February) where Kodi says they will crack down on piracy. All I can say is, it is about time. It does bring into question, however, Dangelus' comments. Clearly, his or her comments in my thread are in conflict with what this article states.

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-announces-...ks-160215/

Piracy Cop
That was an article from last year, announcing we will take action against trademark infringements. This thread will be close as we wont feed the trolls
(2017-02-17, 16:38)Piracy Cop Wrote: First, in the thread I started the other day, Kodi's Dangelus stated the folowing:

(2017-02-16, 13:31)Dangelus Wrote: 3) We don't block 3rd party add-ons because we don't care what you do with your personal install. That's up to you. Also as project is open source it wouldn't take much for somebody to just release a version that didn't block add-ons probably within the day.

Now, an article comes out on TorrentFreak (dated 15 February) where Kodi says they will crack down on piracy. All I can say is, it is about time. It does bring into question, however, Dangelus' comments. Clearly, his or her comments in my thread are in conflict with what this article states.

https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-announces-...ks-160215/

Piracy Cop
I know it's quite a long article but do try and actually read it.
You'll come across stuff like:
Quote:Team Kodi maintains an officially neutral stance on what users do with their own software. Kodi is open source software, and as long as the GPL is followed, you are welcome to do with it as you like.
So while we don’t love this use of Kodi, as long as you know what illegal and potentially dangerous things you are getting yourself into and accept the fact that the Team will not be providing you with any support, then you are welcome to do what you like.
That's just about what Dangelus said. No?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conflicting Information0