Mysql TV shows play count problem
Ok so maybe you are right about the data or it's at least in the right direction.
It was a one tv show but where 10 episodes instead of one yesterday it did the cache too but today it didn't, it worked fine.
It's actually every time different when it starts caching. I every time started with a fresh database and tried with adding one TV show at a time, and one time the cache problem started at around 50 episodes but also had around 150 episodes and 200 episodes (then I stopped because it started to take a long time) so it's really different every time.

Update: It seems that from 150 - 200 episodes is the max to get to before getting the issue, of all times tested I didn't get further than around 200 episodes before the problem occurs.
Ok so apparently the problem also occurs when I use a local library. It's not as bad as while using a mysql library but in one of three times the library stops updating the play count and the only way is to delete the files in the archive_cache folder.
When an episode's watched status changes, the cache for the episodes-list gets invalidated. That alone is not enough and the cache for everything up has to be invalidated, as in the seasons-list and the titles-list above that episode need to be deleted, if they exist.

I posted on the forum before finding your ticket on trac. I have some details and logs comparing scenarios in that tread.
It doesn't seem an important issue for the developers, it's been out there for 2,5 months now, actually since the upgrade to 17. At least I'm not alone with this problem anymore (well not glad you have problems of course Big Grin).

For now the only thing I found around this issue is setting up a cronjob deleting all cachefiles in the archive_cache folder every 20 minutes or so.
Until the problem is solved, I guess having the 1000ms threshold as a setting would be the quickest thing that will help, so I raised a feature request for that. Setting a large enough number, we can practically disable that cache.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql TV shows play count problem0