Kodi videos play in slow motion while full screen
Hi there, I haven't found a solution on this issue anywhere, so I'll ask.

I have a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 with Kodi 17 installed. When I try to watch a video with Kodi, it plays like in slow motion with fullscreen, but it plays perfectly okay if Kodi is windowed.

How can i fix this issue?

Thank you in advance
Where are your videos coming from? A local storage source or an add-on (if so which one)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Does disabling video acceleration fix it? Also which osx version do you use?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-02-18, 11:59)Memphiz Wrote: Does disabling video acceleration fix it? Also which osx version do you use?
I'm using Sierra and I was trying to reproduce streaming video like Youtube. Anyway disabling video acceleration fixed that, thank you!
Older hardware. Same with my 2010 Mac mini.
Same problem for me.
Anybody could help on that ?
  • How disabling VDB acceleration affect the performance?
  • Why the problem wasn't present on Kodi 16?
It wasn't present on kodi 16 because there we used our own hardware codecs with workarounds for nvidia and amd gpus - now we use the ffmpeg codec for vtb (which we can share between osx, ios and tvos) which doesn't have those workarounds and only seems to work ok on intel gpu.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sad 
Same problem for me: MacBook Pro Mid 2009 Mac Os X El Capitan 10.11.6 CPU Intel Core2 Duo 2,8 GHz 8 Gb RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB Kodi 17.1RC2 latest nightly build.
In window it works without any problem but in full screen mode it goes in slow motion (stream flow and it's not a matter of Internet connection since I have 50Mb line and with VLC I have no problem) . Disabling Video acceleration works but the video freezes every n seconds so you can't watch it. Sad
Hope you fix it soon (and yes, in Kodi 16 I had no problems).
Regards,
AD
If I maximize the window the problem persists, but if I enlarge the window almost the same size of the screen it works Huh
Thats a known bug in osx since osx 10.10 - fullscreen optimisation (haha!!) leafs tonstutter on some GPUs - its a different problem then the hardware decoder.
(2017-02-18, 22:41)Audiomixer Wrote: Older hardware. Same with my 2010 Mac mini.

same behaviour Sad
Same problem here. Mac mini mid 2010 latest version of Kodi. Did not have this problem with Kodi 16. Any solution?
Only solution so far is go back to 16.1 for older hardware which is what I had to do with my 2010 mini.
(2017-03-25, 06:37)Audiomixer Wrote: Only solution so far is go back to 16.1 for older hardware which is what I had to do with my 2010 mini.

That's one of the two solutions. The other is to disable hardware video acceleration in v17.
Right, but the CPU runs hard though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi videos play in slow motion while full screen0