Bypass open GL check from terminal for older machines
Sorry I was not able to find all the required information, hopefully what I have will be good enough.

To start I have been able to get Kodi to work on this exact machine and OS before so I know it is possible. I simply forgot the command I need to launch Kodi and get it to bypass the open GL check which causes it to crash after displaying the splash screen and can't seem to google up the command for the life of me.

Crashlog is here: http://pastebin.com/43XGgnFm

Issue is that Kodi crashes at launch after displaying the splash screen.

Computer is HP Pavilion a347x
Processor: Pentium 4 2.6 ghz single core
Ram: 2 gigs DDR ram
GPU: Integrated Intel Extreme graphics with up to 64 MB shared video memory
Operating System: KodiBuntu 14.0rc (32-bit)

Here is more info on the computer: http://www.premiumgeeks.com/desktop/hp/h...47x-specs/

I'm not 100% it's that version of the OS but it is absolutely an i386 version and version 14. I'm not sure how to get system stats in this version of lubuntu/kodibuntu

I'm not sure where/how to find information about build and GIT and so on.

What I was doing before, and it was working fine was to launch kodi from terminal with "sudo kodi XXXXXXXX" wherein the X's were commands to get it to bypass the open GL check that is causing the crash. I had tried upgrading/installing/downgrading the intel drivers with no luck, the only thing that worked was simple sudo launch with the info to get it to bypass that check.

Sorry for such incomplete information any help would be appreciated.

Aha! found more information getting me closer it absolutely inolved "mesa gl version override" can anyone help with the exact command?
Code:
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 kodi

No (!) support at all. Make sure in the VideoPlayer Options disable (!) Dithering.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bypass open GL check from terminal for older machines0