ListItem.Trailer Script, odd behaviour
Hello,

I'm trying to make a script that can work with a keymap - basically I want it to play a video trailer on key press. I have everything seemingly working, except for if there's a local trailer in the drive, it seems to throw different behaviours and I can't track down what's the cause. Here's the scenario where I have trouble getting a local trailer (as opposed to a youtube trailer) to play back, and the results. For development purposes, I am also using local nfo files for the movies to try to isolate the cause.

Movies are all sorted like this:

Code:
Movie (YYYY)/Movie (YYYY).mp4
Movie (YYYY)/Movie (YYYY)-trailer.mp4
Movie (YYYY)/Movie (YYYY).nfo

Info is loaded to KODI and data from the internet is not scanned.

if I press `i` -> `trailer` from video view, then the trailer always plays back.

however, my script, in its simplest form gets the item Trailer and tries to play it, but I get three different results.

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Trailer'))
This is essentially the code ^^

Here's 3 snippets of nfo files for movies, with the 3 different results when running my Script:

Code:
<!-- "trailer not found" (message from script debug) -->
<trailers>
  <trailer name="YouTube: Official Trailer" quality="Standard">plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=AdAYLVY0KrY</trailer>
</trailers>
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=AdAYLVY0KrY</trailer>

<!-- "Addon Required: YouTube" (message from kodi) -->
<trailers>
  <trailer name="YouTube: Trailer 1" quality="Standard">plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=gXdru_rLBfw</trailer>
</trailers>
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=gXdru_rLBfw</trailer>

<!-- plays local trailer -->
<trailers>
  <trailer name="YouTube: Trailer" quality="Standard">plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=ErjP5xMTc8I</trailer>
</trailers>
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=ErjP5xMTc8I</trailer>

I cannot figure out why these are all different when the nfo appears to be the same for each movie. Please help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.Trailer Script, odd behaviour0