Android KODI 17 freezes upon exiting file/movie
Hi, new user. Smile Thank you for an excellent release.

I'm having some issues with the new release of KODI 17 from the Google Play Store. I am using a flashed and rooted Mad Catz MOJO with Cyanogenmod 12.1. I do not use any extensions beyond the supported ones included within KODI, such as the scrapers etc. All my personal media is on a 2Tb NTFS formatted external USB drive which has never caused me any issues previously with either the MOJO or KODI before the new release.

Simply put, when I watch one of my files through to completion, KODI will freeze when it returns to the menu. Log file is below, I hope this is correct and useful to you.

Expected behaviour:

Start KODI from main desktop page on MOJO using stock MOJO controller.

Select desired film and watch.

Upon completion of film, press HOME button on CTRLR to wake the controller from sleep, bring up new KODI interface, select STOP, return to menu to select another item or exit KODI.

Actual behaviour:

Start KODI from main page on MOJO using stock MOJO controller.

Select desired film and watch.

Upon completion of film, press HOME button on CTRLR to wake the controller from sleep, bring up new KODI interface, select STOP, return to menu to select another item or exit KODI.

KODI returns to menus but freezes and will not respond to button presses. Press HOME on CTRLR to return to main MOJO desktop, "swipe" KODI away and restart to select a new item.

Please note this only occurs when viewing a film through to completion, and not when just seeking through files or generally enjoying the KODI interface. My suspicion was that this is something to do with how the Mad Catz CTRLR goes to sleep after prolonged periods without interaction, but this may be incorrect as KODI does not freeze immediately after re-waking the CTRLR, but upon returning to the menus.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

kodi.log
Can anyone shed any light on this issue? It's driving us crazy!

Have I posted the correct log etc? Please let me know if not. Thanks.
Your log doesn't have debugging enabled.

Are you playing your movie or of a rar file? If so what happens if you play an uncompressed file?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you so much for replying. Will amend the log as soon as possible.

None of my movies are zipped or otherwise stored or accessed using .rar or anything similar. The formats I am generally using are .mp4 or .mkv, occasionally the old .avi.

Will post back with corrected log later. Smile
My thanks again. New log with debug enabled below. Hope this is useful.

kodi.log
OK, well I'm hopeful I sorted this.

Looks like the Weather add-on is broken. Since simply disabling the Weather add-on, all is well. Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but posting in case others have the same issue and otherwise blame the MOJO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17 freezes upon exiting file/movie0