How to disable library in kodi17?
I have "movies" and "tv shows" in the main menu on the left, both using the same video source (which is an nfs folder) named "files". I enabled media library for myfiles/tv and got a fancy thumbnails with genres, titles, etc.

However it did not recognise all the files correctly and "The Grand Tour" (ex-TopGear) now appears with incorrect titles from some other show.

I tried "clean library" in the settings - no effect, still genres/titles/etc when I reach that files/tv folder, no matter how - via "TV shows" or "movies". Bug?

I ssh'd to the TV (kodi is running on Sony Android TV) and did "rm /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Database/My*.db" - and this helped, is there a correct way of doing this from Kodi itself?

While I am here, another question Smile

Kodi16 used to remember where I was last tile in "movies" and used to bring me down to the exact folder where the last watched episode of a tv show was, kodi17 always starts from the top - is there an addon to get kodi16 behaviour back?

Thanks!
1st one:
Go to your video sources and set content to 'None'. It will ask if you want to remove the content from your library, say Yes.

This will remove all library data and only leaves you with Files mode.

You might be better off looking at your file names and folder structure to get the show's picked up correctly because the library function is the best part of Kodi, imho.
Also remember that you should not mix TV and Movies in the same source, there are separate content types and scrapers for each.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
2nd one:
Settings/Media/Videos#Library (wiki)
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
The show you mention is named 'the grand tour (2016)' on thetvdb. Name your files accordingly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's also not ex-Top Gear, that show is still going Wink
A rose by any other name ...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-18, 22:43)nickr Wrote: The show you mention is named 'the grand tour (2016)' on thetvdb. Name your files accordingly.
Well, some torrents come with folders iside and the one I was trying came with "Grand Tour" folder in it so even if the upper folder is named properly, Kodi still picks the wrong show. Is there a way to override it somehow (placing some .kodimediainfo-ish file somewhere in a tree or something)? Pointing me to the right piece documentation would help Smile Thanks!
Just name your files correctly
Filebot will be your best friend
(2017-02-20, 22:51)zerocool_ie Wrote: Filebot will be your best friend

Hm. Looks promising but where do I run it? I browse torrent trackers from my phone, files are downloaded by transmission on a nas box, kodi is running on my android tv - and since filebot is a separate app (not a kodi addon), I'll need a separate desktop or at least raspberry pi with keyboard and monitor, is this correct?
What OS is on the NAS?
(2017-02-21, 02:42)zerocool_ie Wrote: What OS is on the NAS?

Debian 8.0/armv7. It should run there, may be as a console tool from cron or transmission could run it when download is finished, if you meant this.
Yep, they offer Debian packages for download
http://www.filebot.net/#download

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable library in kodi17?0