Hmm, How about a limewire script?
Would this be possible?
Limewire is not open source. Frostwire is, but I don't believe there is currently a Python port of that app. As a result someone would have to write a port from the ground up, which would require a large development effort. Since no one is interested in this, it seems very doubtful Smile
Catchy Signature Here
How about doing the same as what happens with the Utorrent webui?
http://mutella.sourceforge.net/
It's a gnutella client with webUI
It does look a bit old, and does only work on unix, but would be easy(ish) to control with http requests.
bang on with frostwire being open source. It's actually created from the Limewire source itself.

Problem is it's in Java. We can only code plugins in python. So unless someone wants to actually go gui stripping it then translating the entire application in to python this isn't going to happen....

Way way too much work I'm thinking. Check out seeqpod plugin though. It can search for music and play it on a playlist. Which is, I assume, why you're interested in limewire.
while i think people should make whatever kind of script they want i cant help but wonder who still uses gnutella? its slow, virus ridden and content is rarely what it is labeled as. i would suggest you check out torrent-x its a very good script for controlling a bittorrent client and browsing some really good torrent sites.
Rainbow 
Agreed with regard to gnut being virus ridden. I only use it for music files where the risk of viruses is low. Especially if you only pick the correct file sizes.

Torrents don't suit my needs for music as I rarely want full albums. Only Individual tracks. While you can, with torrents which don't have zipped contents, manually select which tracks you want to download it requires too much knowlege of which albums things are on.

So for that purpose only do I still use gnut. It's especially good with relatively rare music types like salsa,merengue, bachata and the like which torrent sites don't tend to be too good for.

Never tried any of the torrent controllers propperly. Initially tried the old azurus controller but it didn't work for me. Might give this other script a shot. Especially now that i'm running a more recent build.

What torrent client does it control?

Cheers folks!
azureus utorrent and something else that i cannot remember at this moment

if you want to use utorrent you need to install the Webui support into the client, just look at the torrent-x thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hmm, How about a limewire script?0