Solved Can't add local network location to video sources
Apparently some of my addons were banned when I first posted. I've attempted to uninstall all the ones I could find in the blacklist.

My ssh/sftp source in my video library links suddenly stopped working.
I can confirm I can still make a connection outside of Kodi to the location using ssh and openssh-server/client is still installed correctly.
I deleted the link to the network location in Kodi and tried to re-add it, but instead am presented with the following error:
"The connection to the network location couldn't be established. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?"
I add it anyway, and unsurprisingly, it does not work.

Here are my system details:
Kodi version - 16.1 Git:c327c53 compiled April 25 2016
Skin - Confluence
Ubuntu Linux version - 16.04 LTS kernel 4.4.0-62-generic 64bit

Kodi log here - http://pastebin.com/6VkbZ7xp **Edited to link to newly created log file**

A screenshot is here - https://imagebin.ca/v/3CgwDK26arCE

How do I fix this?
You still have a whole lot of banned repos in your system.

However looks like a username or password issue to me, although I am not sure what "PRNG error" is in line 310.

EDIT: PS is there any particular reason you are using sftp when nfs or smb would probably be much easier?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No particular reason why I'm using sftp. Just first choice.

The username & password are correct.

I don't know which repos on my system are banned. I thought selecting them and choosing uninstall would remove them.
From the description in the FAQs, banned repos are ones which allow streaming of pirated streams. None of the add-ons I have allow this, so I am at a loss as to which ones are banned. Maybe I should open a new thread asking for help "cleaning" my repos/addons?
Using repository repository.exodus Definitely banned
Using repository repository.xbmc.org
Using repository repository.movieshd definitely banned
Using repository superrepo.kodi.helix.all Definitely banned
Using repository repository.googlecode.bogs-xbmc-addons
Using repository repository.xbmchub Definitely banned
Using repository repository.googlecode.xbmc-catchuptv-au not sure
Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.all definitely banned
Using repository superrepo.kodi.jarvis.all definitely banned
Using repository repository.alelec not sure
Using repository repository.xbmcplus.xbmc-plugins not sure
Using repository repository.metalkettle definitely banned
Using repository repository.rasjanisrepo.xbmc never heard of it.
Using repository superrepo.kodi.jarvis.video definitely banned
Using repository repository.superrepo.org.gotham.all definitely banned
Using repository repository.smokdpi never heard of it

Looks like you removed the addons but not their repositories.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr... I will go through again.

Actually, I went to System>Settings>Add-ons>My Add-ons>Add-on Repository and uninstalled superrepo and everything else listed in the black list, and indeed, when I go back and look, there is no superrepo listed on screen, So why is it still coming up in my log?

After I also went to System>Settings>Add-ons>My Add-ons>All and again uninstalled every add-on listed in the blacklist.

Is there some special secret way to remove the offending repos/add-ons, because obviously the uninstall option isn't working Sad
I can't see the offending repos or add-ons when I browse the installed repos/add-ons from Kodi's GUI.
Maybe they are the expired ones from previous versions of kodi (some certainly refer to old versions or kodi).

The most brutal way would be to go to ~/.kodi/addons and rm -rf the ones you want to get rid of.
Nevermind.. I think I figured it out..... I have to go in through "File Manager" to properly remove the repo sources.
I've had another go at removing the banned repos. Original post edited to show current log file.
So... back to my original question... Any ideas why I can no longer add a local network location as a Video source? And it's not a problem with the username or password.
Yes good idea, back on topic!

Frankly I have no idea what the problem is - it works for me on kodi 17, and I don't have a 16.1 install left to try that.

My server uses openssh-server on ubuntu.

Your log showed a "PRNG error" on login failure. Googling doesn't help much on that, but it appears to be something to do with key exchange or key generation or something. PRNG stands for "Pseudo Random Number Generator".
Looking harder at the log,
Quote:14:48:44 T:140367137179968 INFO: SFTPSession: Creating new session on host '192.168.1.11:22' with user 'ilyekkakai'
14:48:44 T:140367137179968 ERROR: SFTPSession: Failed to connect 'PRNG error'
14:48:44 T:140367137179968 ERROR: SFTPSession: Not connected, can't list directory '/home/ilyekkakai/'

Line 1: are you sure the username is spelled correctly? Seems an odd name, but you may have your reasons. I note two k's in a row, which may indicate a typo?

Line 2: the error, not sure how significant

Line 3: I am not sure whether the failure to connect to /home/ilyekkakai is because of the Line 2 error, or because there really isn't a /home/ilyekkakai directory on your server.
Sorry for the delay... I've been away working

The username is correct Wink
It's formed from character names of LEXX TV series. Lyekka and Kai, so the username is pronounced "I Like a Kai" (it's a sort of joke)

Here is a screenshot from the nautilus file manager window confirming the the address of the server is correct.

https://imagebin.ca/v/3DLuxoZ5JhkZ
do you think a purge and re-install of Kodi may fix it?
LOL no problem with your username, was just checking, mistypes are an obvious check.

Purge/reinstall is usually a last resort, but I think we are at that stage.

I assume you have rebooted the server (or at least restarted the openssh server), and it is completely up to date in terms of openssh and all ssl related libraries.
Not sure how, but I just fixed it. The only thing that came up as needing updating was:
libnautilus-extension1a, nautilus, and nautilus-data

So I updated those 3 on the ilyekkakai server, went back to Kodi on the other machine, and it let me add the netork source without any error message.

One of those packages must handle some part of the ssh/sftp connection that Kodi uses?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add local network location to video sources0