Solved Upgrade doesn't run
ConfusedI am currently running Kodi 16.1 in Windows 10 without any issues. I downloaded 17.0 and installed it and it doesn't run!. Reverted back to 16.1 and I'm in business again. Tried once again to install 17.0 and it just doesn't run so again I reverted to 16.1 and it runs without a glitch. How can I troubleshoot the install to find out why 17.0 doesn't run? Can anybody help, please?
Create a debug_log (wiki) and put it on Pastebin so we can have a look.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Easier said than done. After reading the instructions to do it I can only turn debugging on in 16.1, then install 17.0 on top of it and hope something will get recorded somewhere when I try to start 17.0. Do you think this will work? Where do I fetch the debug log file then? Confused
Hi Jorge, I had the same issue as you in windows 10. Just try this. Delete file Addons27.db from C:/Users/*your user*/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/Database/

It worked for me.
(2017-02-19, 20:47)jorge0speranza Wrote: Easier said than done. After reading the instructions to do it I can only turn debugging on in 16.1, then install 17.0 on top of it and hope something will get recorded somewhere when I try to start 17.0. Do you think this will work? Where do I fetch the debug log file then? Confused

@jorge0speranza - you can turn on debugging via advancedsettings.xml (wiki) before you start Krypton.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

The log file will be called kodi.log in your userdata (wiki) folder
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2017-02-19, 23:42)GeronimoStilton Wrote: Hi Jorge, I had the same issue as you in windows 10. Just try this. Delete file Addons27.db from C:/Users/*your user*/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/Database/

It worked for me.
Thank you GeronimoStilton! It worked! I deleted the zero size Addons27.db and rerun the 17.0 install. Everything works fine. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade doesn't run0