v17 DVBlink crashes Kodi
(2017-02-20, 12:08)ksooo Wrote: Not sure about this. Kodi only requests what your add-on defines as required data for a timer rule. If you don't need let's say start and end time your add-on should define a timer rule type not specifying that start and and time is supported for this type.

What you are describing is just one of many possible timer types. You describe a manual timer matching a given title and start and end time. But there can be done much sophisticated things, especially with epg event based timer rule types. But again, the add-on must define the correct timer types for this. It's a very flexible and powerful concept.
It is not about the Kodi timers themselves. They work and we supply what is needed to create a timer rule.

The issue is about the timer rule presentation in the rules overview window. I described an example of the epg event based timer, where original event may be long not present anymore, but rules require to show something as a description next to generic description line of "epg based recurrent timers".
(2017-02-20, 11:59)dvblogic Wrote: Yes, it is a cosmetic issue because the recording logic works correctly and everything is recorded as it should.
The core of this issue is that Kodi requires information that dvblink does not have and, in my opinion, is ambiguous for recording rules. It expects title, start time, end time of "something". The series recordings start with the original program - seed - and continue while the original program may not even exist anymore. If we put a first upcoming recording there, then, since this information is fetched from time to time, it can become also invalid after this first recording completes.
Surely when you try to edit a Timer Rule then the correct type of Timer Rule should be detected, this information should be available from DBVLink. The only time it is detected correctly is if the Timer Rule was created with the "Start any time" flag disabled.

Also, every "Record Series Timer" originally created with the "Start any time" flag disabled correctly displays the first scheduled recording title and plot information in the right hand information display window.
(2017-02-20, 12:13)linknet Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 11:59)dvblogic Wrote: Yes, it is a cosmetic issue because the recording logic works correctly and everything is recorded as it should.
The core of this issue is that Kodi requires information that dvblink does not have and, in my opinion, is ambiguous for recording rules. It expects title, start time, end time of "something". The series recordings start with the original program - seed - and continue while the original program may not even exist anymore. If we put a first upcoming recording there, then, since this information is fetched from time to time, it can become also invalid after this first recording completes.
Surely when you try to edit a Timer Rule then the correct type of Timer Rule should be detected, this information should be available from DBVLink. The only time it is detected correctly is if the Timer Rule was created with the "Start any time" flag disabled.

Also, every "Record Series Timer" originally created with the "Start any time" flag disabled correctly displays the first scheduled recording title and plot information in the right hand information display window.
We will check and see if we can do anything here.
(2017-02-20, 12:17)dvblogic Wrote: We will check and see if we can do anything here.

Thanks..Smile
Great to see DVBLogic is still supporting this! I am really not looking forward to starting all over again!

I do have quite a lot of crashes and hangups in Kodi 17 as well though.
Nice to know that we are not forgotten Smile About the crashing issues, seems that those are not systematic as I haven't experienced any new stability problems related to DVBLink in Kodi 17. Yes, there are some new and also older issues, which need to be addressed but in general I have found DVBLink frontend/backend -solution to be very reliable.

Of course sorry to hear that some of the users are having crashes, root causes should be identified and solved.
(2017-02-20, 09:13)dvblogic Wrote: As for a topic started, I suggest to try cleaning the Kodi tv database from a setting menu to see if it helps.

I tried this several times on multiple machines, makes no difference.
hi im the op and apologies for not following up in the thread, i work offshore which is where i am currently. I'll be back in a couple of weeks and will provide more data to get this fixed - suffice to say my wife who is at home is still reporting crashes
I'm getting a crash when editing timers in a very specific way, this should be really easy for anyone in this thread to reproduce if it's a DVBLink addon issue (which I think it might be seeing as ksooo can't reproduce using a different backend). Can any of you here try the following:

To reproduce, first assign a key to the showtimerrule window, in my case I've mapped it to a long press of the 'r' key. You can add this by just pasting this section into keyboard.xml located in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps:

Code:
    <tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <r>Record</r>
            <r mod="longpress">showtimerrule</r>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

once that's done, simply enter the EPG, find a programme which is part of a series and currently has no timers set on it. Press 'r' to create a one-shot timer. Wait for a moment for the timer icon to appear indicating the one-shot timer is set. Now hold 'r' to bring up the showtimerrule windows. In my case, Kodi now crashes with the generic "has stopped working" dialogue from Windows.
(2017-02-25, 12:49)beeswax Wrote: I'm getting a crash when editing timers in a very specific way, this should be really easy for anyone in this thread to reproduce if it's a DVBLink addon issue (which I think it might be seeing as ksooo can't reproduce using a different backend). Can any of you here try the following:

To reproduce, first assign a key to the showtimerrule window, in my case I've mapped it to a long press of the 'r' key. You can add this by just pasting this section into keyboard.xml located in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps:

Code:
    <tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <r>Record</r>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

once that's done, simply enter the EPG, find a programme which is part of a series and currently has no timers set on it. Press 'r' to create a one-shot timer. Wait for a moment for the timer icon to appear indicating the one-shot timer is set. Now hold 'r' to bring up the showtimerrule windows. In my case, Kodi now crashes with the generic "has stopped working" dialogue from Windows.

Meanwhile it turned out that this is not a DVBLink add-on bug.
(2017-02-25, 12:49)beeswax Wrote: I'm getting a crash when editing timers in a very specific way, this should be really easy for anyone in this thread to reproduce if it's a DVBLink addon issue (which I think it might be seeing as ksooo can't reproduce using a different backend). Can any of you here try the following:

Code:
    <tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <r>Record</r>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

Tested this and can confirm Kodi crashes with the generic "has stopped working" dialogue from Windows.
(2017-02-27, 10:44)linknet Wrote:

Code:
    <tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <r>Record</r>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

Tested this and can confirm Kodi crashes with the generic "has stopped working" dialogue from Windows.

yeah yeah a fix is in the queue already. Will be in next nightly.
How are we doing on the original topic? I still have quite a lot of crashes.... And they all seem to be happening as soon as I do something DVBLink related...
Ever since updating OpenElec to LibreElec Kodi v17 / v17.1 both my Intel based HTPC's crash or hang when resuming from S3 sleep mode.

Last night I was trying different things and after disabling the DVBLink add-on neither PC has crashed or hung since.

So it looks like the DVBLink add-on is the cause of my issues.

I am running an older version of DVBLink server however on a Windows WHS 2011 box, but I assume some of you guys are using the latest DVBLink TVSource version 6.0 and still having issues?

Thanks
With the nightly build of 17.2 I don't have any issues with the add on nor with Kodi crashing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBlink crashes Kodi0