Deleted TV Show, Now will not re-add it
As I struggle to understand Kodi, I have found that a few of the TV Series that have been added have been added with the wrong version/year, or no info. I tried re-adding and it worked once. So on 2 others, one being beauty and the Beast (1981) I removed it Kodi, not the actual series. I renamed it with the date, and after a scanning for new files it will not re-import it. Watching the scanning in the upper right corner, I DID catch the name, but still no where to be seen.

What did I di?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
I've found Kodi "remembers" files it's already scanned and won't rescan them. For me there were two solutions:

1- change the name of the files in question (even 1 character will do).
2- go into the Kodi database (using something like SQLiteBrowser) and delete the entries for the files in question from the file table.

If you do #2, I recommend quitting Kodi before you work on the database.
eeps... The show as listed in the TVdb is "Beauty and the Beast (1987)", here's convenient link to the database search https://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch When the TV show doesn't show up, it's either miss-scanned as something else, or likely the episodes within are not scraping, and you don't have any episodes. The system clean-up tool in settings will clear any listing without videos. (advanced mode in settings) settings>media>video>library> show empty TV shows. Correct nomenclature of TV shows is critical to getting episodes to list in the library Naming video files/TV shows (wiki), I do recommend TheRenamer (wiki) drag &drop easy.

Using file mode (that's the video button on most home pages) locate the folder with the TV shows. Focus on the TV show that is at issue, "Beauty and the Beast (1987)" and note if it's listed... if it is, hit the 'C'ontext menu choose information, you can try a rescan at this point, if there isn't any episodes listed, then you need to look at the information I provided regarding proper naming of episodes (basically s01e01.avi etc.)

Hope this helps.
(2017-02-19, 18:42)PatK Wrote: eeps... The show as listed in the TVdb is "Beauty and the Beast (1987)", here's convenient link to the database search https://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch When the TV show doesn't show up, it's either miss-scanned as something else, or likely the episodes within are not scraping, and you don't have any episodes. The system clean-up tool in settings will clear any listing without videos. (advanced mode in settings) settings>media>video>library> show empty TV shows. Correct nomenclature of TV shows is critical to getting episodes to list in the library Naming video files/TV shows (wiki), I do recommend TheRenamer (wiki) drag &drop easy.

Using file mode (that's the video button on most home pages) locate the folder with the TV shows. Focus on the TV show that is at issue, "Beauty and the Beast (1987)" and note if it's listed... if it is, hit the 'C'ontext menu choose information, you can try a rescan at this point, if there isn't any episodes listed, then you need to look at the information I provided regarding proper naming of episodes (basically s01e01.avi etc.)

Hope this helps.

I'd hope it did also ... I cleaned the dB but that didn't help. I can't find what you are explaining in the second part. When I choose Videos from the main menu (had to re-show it) I get Categories, which list Movies, TV Series, Files / and Media Sources which list Movies and Series.

Whenever/whatever I tap/select ends me up showing the list as if I'd picked it directly from the main menu.

Make sense?

************************** UPdate ************************

Exited Kodi and re-entered and it scanned and found B&TB, BUT it found the 2012 version, not the 1987, version and the Series title IS "Beauty and the Beast (1987)", so I'm thinking the reboot THAT rescan was/is a problem, as opposed to use rescan for added content, BUT how do I correct this?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-02-19, 18:36)pkscout Wrote: I've found Kodi "remembers" files it's already scanned and won't rescan them. For me there were two solutions:

1- change the name of the files in question (even 1 character will do).

First thing I did, actually.

(2017-02-19, 18:36)pkscout Wrote: 2- go into the Kodi database (using something like SQLiteBrowser) and delete the entries for the files in question from the file table.

If you do #2, I recommend quitting Kodi before you work on the database.

I'm not ready to get my hands in there yet - there HAS to be a reason this isn't showing up on a scan - what does Kodi do to the file when you delete it from its database? It should "disappear".
SageTV, Kodi.
Hello RBraverman...

Can you try these steps, which may resolve the issue...

1. Move the TV Show out of Kodi's source path. So if you have set up a TV Show Source as f:\TV Shows\Beauty & The Beast move it to f:\Beauty & The Beast. Do this so Kodi can no longer see the directory and files

2. Run the Clean Database option in Settings. Make sure it is the Video Clean Database option and not the Music Clean Database

3. Move Beauty & The Beast back into it's original location

4. As PatK pointed out, it is absolutely imperative that your TV Shows are named EXACTLY the same as what is shown at TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75004).
Your TV Show should look like this... (using f:\TV Show as an example). Rename them if the show title is different!!!

f:\TV Show (Kodi Source)
--\TV Show\Beauty and the Beast (1987)
----- Beauty and the Beast (1987) S01E01
----- Beauty and the Beast (1987) S01E02 etc...

5. Rescan your video library.

You should always check the name of your TV Show against the title listed at TheTVDB.com. If they are not the same then it just won't work.

Hope this fixes it.
@blossom24 has pretty well pointed out the correct direction. I just wanted to clarify this part (it'll be important in the future to stay out of trouble).
Quote:When I choose Videos from the main menu (had to re-show it) I get Categories, which list Movies, TV Series, Files / and Media Sources which list Movies and Series.
Using Estuary, the home screen videos button, offers a sub icon called 'files' near the top of the screen under categories. It's opening this level that takes you to sub categories which you'll find your TV Shows 'in file mode', and that will allow you to alter/re-scrape/change on the fly etc.. It's not the same as using the TV show button, it's showing you the complete file set-up, not just what is in the library.

Using file mode (that's the video button on most home pages) locate the folder with the TV shows, with the issue in focus choose information, rescrape from the web and hopefully you will be presented with alternatives.
(2017-02-20, 00:37)PatK Wrote: @blossom24 has pretty well pointed out the correct direction. I just wanted to clarify this part (it'll be important in the future to stay out of trouble).
Quote:When I choose Videos from the main menu (had to re-show it) I get Categories, which list Movies, TV Series, Files / and Media Sources which list Movies and Series.
Using Estuary, the home screen videos button, offers a sub icon called 'files' near the top of the screen under categories. It's opening this level that takes you to sub categories which you'll find your TV Shows 'in file mode', and that will allow you to alter/re-scrape/change on the fly etc.. It's not the same as using the TV show button, it's showing you the complete file set-up, not just what is in the library.

Using file mode (that's the video button on most home pages) locate the folder with the TV shows, with the issue in focus choose information, rescrape from the web and hopefully you will be presented with alternatives.

OK, I just realized that I changed to Estuary MOD to change a few things I couldn't with the default. MY appologies, I changed it and kinda just got lost in this stuff and forgot to note changes I make. I did have the date wrong for this - had 1981, when changed to 1987 it correctly found it, but with Heartland (2007), there are two of them, one with dealing with a hospital and one with horses (the one I want). I tried putting a nfo in the folder but that didn't work.

I'll move this over to that sub-forum, but as busy as they are ......

Now if I could only stop the playing music from leaving me with a blank screen ....

AGAIN THANK YOU for taking the time to help!

*********************************** In The FWIW Department ************************************

I changed back to the default Estuary skin, and went to C_ontext | information and was able to re-scan and change the different shows there.

I guess I'll have to stay with the default for a while - or bounce back and forth.

Again THANKS!
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted TV Show, Now will not re-add it0