v17 Comskip EDL processing in Videos
Hi All,

I use NextPVR, during my playback I generally use "videos" section so EDL files could be read (instead of using the built-in TV section).

In Kodi 17, it appears that the EDL file is read (I see "commercial" on the screen during commercial) but it doesn't skip automatically.

How can I re-enable auto-skip for commercials?
Looks like it is broken in 17. Hopefully it will be fixed in 17.1

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305290
The fix is already in the development branch nightlies are built from.
(2017-02-20, 08:10)FernetMenta Wrote: The fix is already in the development branch nightlies are built from.

Any idea if the fix is being back ported to krypton? Unless I'm completely mistaken the nightlies have moved on to leia
Sorry, I don't know if anyone picks this up. It is not a trivial fix that you would just add to the list of backports. It would require a more thoroughly treatment.
(2017-02-20, 17:55)FernetMenta Wrote: Sorry, I don't know if anyone picks this up. It is not a trivial fix that you would just add to the list of backports. It would require a more thoroughly treatment.

Thank you for the response, I wish I had any coding experience that I could help with. I think the users in the community that use pvr software have been looking for some information on whether we would see a fix soon in krypton or have to wait until v18, I think atleast now we have a bit of a bigger picture.

Love the software and I hope nothing here came across as demanding because it's not meant to be.

Thanks
Dan
(2017-02-20, 19:56)disaacso Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 17:55)FernetMenta Wrote: Sorry, I don't know if anyone picks this up. It is not a trivial fix that you would just add to the list of backports. It would require a more thoroughly treatment.

Thank you for the response, I wish I had any coding experience that I could help with. I think the users in the community that use pvr software have been looking for some information on whether we would see a fix soon in krypton or have to wait until v18, I think atleast now we have a bit of a bigger picture.

Love the software and I hope nothing here came across as demanding because it's not meant to be.

Thanks
Dan

Hopefully there is a backport fix. I had to revert to 16.1 because of this bug.
(2017-02-21, 00:12)thezencowsaysmu Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 19:56)disaacso Wrote:

Thanks
Dan

Hopefully there is a backport fix. I had to revert to 16.1 because of this bug.

I hope so as well. Going 9+ months with no commercial skip is a bit depressing. Krypton is so much more stable though.
For me on Win32 on Krypton as recently as 17.0-RC4 Git:20170129-6b78b00 comskip is working. It probably will be close enough to the full release for me.

Martin
(2017-02-21, 02:58)emveepee Wrote: For me on Win32 on Krypton as recently as 17.0-RC4 Git:20170129-6b78b00 comskip is working. It probably will be close enough to the full release for me.

Martin

Yeah it was in final where it stopped working, so I wouldn't upgrade
Yes it's very disappointing for it to break. I'd checked in the forums that it was working before I upgraded. And .. it isn't.

The best I've come up with is to use comskip's txt file format rather than EDL. You'll need to manually skip but that seems to work. With an EDL file present the screen pauses for the entire time the ad is on and then when it's over, take s few seconds to display the correct picture. This is on Windows.

It never worked reliably for me before, sometimes it would automatically skip and others, it wouldn't
Thanks everybody for the response, this issue has been resolved in 17.1! Smile
It only mostly works for me in 17.1. It does the auto skip part but if I hit big skip back/prev with 10 sec of auto skipping it goes back 10 min(what it should if it hadn't just auto skipped) instead back were it had skipped from(ie before commercial break) and temp disable auto skip. Since that does work I'm not sure if hitting big skip forward/next would bring you back to the end of the commercial break.

Since commercial scanning is always perfect it's nice to have this feature working (at least Kodi 17 shows how far it skipped so it's easier to go back the correct amount-assuming you saw the amount when it popped up). What happens even more often than an in correct detected commercial is the wife thinks it skipped to soon so being able to hit big skip back and see no it didn't skip early then big skip forward and get back to the show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip EDL processing in Videos1