Linux jerky video after upgrade to 17
Video 
Thanks for the upgrade, unfortunately I have a problem. I am seeing jerky playback on various media after upgrading from 16 > 17 yesterday.

Linux Manjaro Stable 2017-02-17 x86_64 Kernel 4.9.9-1
Kodi 17.0-1 installed as binary package
GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a with proprietary drivers 304.134-8

log at http://pastebin.com/u2rswyG2

I have tried with a clean userdata directory
Disable dithering in the Video settings
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That has helped, although I think it is still slightly jerky. I'll test more tonight and report back. thanks
I have just upgraded by mistake after a PC rebuild, have installed kodibuntu with helix build, when I update it installs Kodi Krypton 17 where the screen tears and is unwatchable. If I window the display it works fine.

Any suggestions to a cure?
Don't highjack other people's threads and if you do - no Debug Log no issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Problem still exists. Downgraded to 16 and same video plays fine. Any other suggestions?

thanks
No. Your original log still does dithering, therefre no chance to see anything additional as it was not updated.
Log below shows 2 viewings first with dithering and second without. Both jerk / judder especially on panning scenes, although without dithering is slightly smoother.
http://pastebin.com/qvkhb1U9
This problem still exists. I am currently unable to run 17 and continue to use 16. Have you any more suggestions or is there likely to be a fix for this?

thanks
Hi fritsch, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand. At the moment I get the jerky video with or without dithering if I upgrade to 17. I was hoping there would be some kind of solution. It is running on Linux as per details in first post.

16 works flawlessly still.

many thanks
Keep v16. No need to change a flawless system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
jerky video after upgrade to 170