Call for a new Industry Kodi Organization
(2017-02-22, 09:06)Koying Wrote: That always made the "excuse" from Amazon to deny us firetv compatibility (does not blend into the platform) awfully hypocritical to me.

Well it does if you run fTV skin. Wink
(2017-02-22, 10:39)Hitcher Wrote: Well it does if you run fTV skin. Wink

Hehe... I'm sure that even if we'd shipped Kodi with ftv skin just for the Amazon store, they would have found something else Wink
(2017-02-19, 21:19)memoriesman49 Wrote: Why not a industry organization for commercial and non-commercial development. Like or not there is a a streaming industry out there, Kodi, IPTV,Plex, and many others. The streaming world is growing daily and so are the growing governmental investigations into illegal content.
How would your organisation "SftAoST" deal with people selling 1TB External Hard Drives full of Pirated content, i.e. old Westerns & Horror movies... like the website in the homepage section of your Profile?
(2017-02-22, 09:06)Koying Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 03:02)Gorbulan Wrote: One problem: Content providers won't like it. By allowing Kodi to have access to something like Netflix it takes Netflix's user interface out of the equation. Their GUI is on browsers and apps, which allows them to control what content you get, like advertisements for other programs on Netflix, support pages, user selection, etc. Each service is different, and each would need to develop their own add-on for software that costs $0. It does not matter if the add-on only works for paid subscribers, by putting it in Kodi it takes control of Netflix content away from Netflix. That is something they can not allow. And this applies to any premium content provider.

Yep, they want full control of your brain.
It's to notice that Netflix has exactly the same UI whatever the platform, and that it generally ignores the platform as a whole (very much noticeable on AndroidTV).
That always made the "excuse" from Amazon to deny us firetv compatibility (does not blend into the platform) awfully hypocritical to me.

No Netflix on the FireTV? Whaaa?
(2017-02-22, 18:15)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 21:19)memoriesman49 Wrote: Why not a industry organization for commercial and non-commercial development. Like or not there is a a streaming industry out there, Kodi, IPTV,Plex, and many others. The streaming world is growing daily and so are the growing governmental investigations into illegal content.
How would your organisation "SftAoST" deal with people selling 1TB External Hard Drives full of Pirated content, i.e. old Westerns & Horror movies... like the website in the homepage section of your Profile?

Ooooooo!

Just checked, oh man what a hypocrite. Guy must be trollin'.
(2017-02-22, 18:15)FXB78 Wrote:

Which has now been removed as it is against the forum rules and has been noted.

Thanks @FXB78 for pointing that out.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call for a new Industry Kodi Organization0