• 1(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi everyone!

For the past month or two I've been active in the old Eminence thread, trying to revive this beautiful skin. I thought it was about time to make a fresh thread outlining all the changes and new stuff, so that the skin can really come alive.

The purpose of this mod is to continue enhancing and polishing Eminence, without making the skin too slow or too different from the actual experience. The new features and modifications are already too numerous to mention, you can find a detailed change-log and some galleries below.

New view-types, better overall mouse support, new features like the QuickNav bar, dark and light backgrounds, expanded resource usage, expanded existing views are just some of the most noticeable differences. There's a lot more subtle stuff that you notice only when you look carefully.

I'd also like to thank the translators, Kelexel for the French, reforo for the Spanish strings, and scofield272 for the Hebrew. I also need to mention ZERO <ibis> for his ideas and implementation of some pretty neat viewtpes in the skin. Thank you all very much, together we're making a better skin!

The gallery you see below is by no means complete, so to get the full impression, you really need to experience the skin itself.

BE ADVISED THAT ARTWORK DOWNLOADER HAS BEEN DECLARED BROKEN AND IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED. HENCE, ANY ISSUES YOU HAVE WITH ARTWORKS ARE MOST LIKELY NOT THE SKINS' FAULT. EVERYONE IS ADVISED TO MOVE OVER TO ARTWORK BEEF.

watch gallery

Code:
LEIA CHANGELOG:

[B]3.0.4[/B]
1. Skin Shortcuts menu fix.
2. Minor widget fixes.
3. Dialog Busy tweak.

[B]3.0.3[/B]
1. GUI bump.
2. Tweaked vertical menu layout and size.
3. Added addon dependency button.
4. Removed Audio DSP related settings.
5. Tweaked startup video.
6. Premiere date tweaks.
7. PVR Recordings fix.

[B]3.0.2[/B]
1. Fixed weather animated icons.
2. Alphabet scrollbar fixes.
3. Reimplemented Netflix backend fonts.

[b]3.0.1[/b]
1. Small infoline corrections.
2. Removed a redundant setting.
3. Bypass menu selection crash.
4. Replaced country flags.
5. Support for ExtendedInfo forks.

[b]3.0[/b]
1. First Leia version.

INSTALLATION:

1. Go to "Settings / Addons / Install from Zip file".
2. Select the downloaded ZIP file.
3. Wait.
4. Switch to the skin, or go to "Settings / Appearance / Skin".

If you encounter errors even after manually installing all the dependencies, then you might need to unzip the skin.

1. Unzip the downloaded file.
2. Copy and paste the folder named "skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton" to:

For Android: "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/"  (Sometimes the exact path will differ from device to device, you need to check this on your own.)

For iOS: "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/addons/"

For Linux: "~/.kodi/addons/"

For OpenELEC: "/storage/.kodi/addons/"

For Windows: Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\addons - press <Enter>

For Mac OSX: "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/"

Skin Dependencies:

Skin Shortcuts: Builds the home menus, sub-menus, quick-menus....
Skin Helper Service: This addon adds a lot of useful skin settings.
Skin Helper Backup: Enables the skin backup and restore features, including the shortcuts.
Skin Helper Widgets: Adds more widgets to use.
Skin Helper Colorpicker: Enables the skin colour picking options.
Script ExtendedInfo: Shows much additional information about movies, tv shows and music.
Script Image Resource Select: This add-on is needed to select genre icons, weather icons, studio logos, etc.
AutoCompletion for virtual keyboard: This add-on is needed to show auto-completion in the keyboard.

Additional Add-ons:

Library Data Provider: This add-on adds a variety of library-based widgets.
Duration Script (axbmcuser MOD): Converts minutes duration to HH:MM format. Works faster than Skin Helper. NOT NEEDED IN LEIA
Next Up Notification: This addon shows a popup notification to prompt for playing the next unwatched episode.
Artwork Beef Forum Thread: This add-on is an alternative to Artwork Downloader. The repo, explanations and links are in the forum thread.
Global Search: This add-on lets you search content in your library.
Artist Slideshow: This add-on displays a slideshow as background for music visualization.
colorbox Script: Shows pixelated fanart on the Music OSD.
TV Show Next Aired: Shows available info regarding tv show airing times.
cu.lrclyrics: This addon is required to display lyrics from songs.
CD Art Manager : This add-on lets you download all ClearLogo and CDArt of your Music Library and export them.
Script PlayAlbum: This add-on is needed to play album from the album info screen.
Resource Images Busy Spinners Titan: This add-on expands the busy spinners the skin uses.
script.toolbox: This add-on is useful for various manual fanart manipulations, as well as automatic color backgrounds in some skin viewtypes.

Downloading the skin repo and the dependencies repo should enable automatic updates and notifications. With these installed, you should have an easy and automatic process.

Should anything go wrong, you can still find the repo zips in the link above, including many of the older versions.

The last link provides the freshest commits that might not have yet been pushed to the repository, because I'm still tweaking them. Bugs are possible!

DONATIONS

After many requests, I've put up this PayPal link for potential donations. I know of no simpler method, since navigating banking legislature in my country is a nightmare...

Just to be clear, I will never request donations, I'm doing this for fun, and will continue to do so for as long as I can. If you feel like you'd like to contribute for whatever reason, be sure that I am very grateful! Nod
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
IMPORTANT SETUP TIPS / FAQ:

1. In the Leia version of the skin, changing the main menu type may cause a hard-crash. This is not the skins fault, and the only workaround is to restore settings from a backup or manually switch the menu type in the settings.xml file.

2. Marcelveldt's BETA Repo is required for most of the skin dependencies. If you install it, the most necessary things for the skin to work should install automatically. If you encounter any errors, please try to download the dependencies manually, install them as zips, and then re-install the skin.

3. If you are backing up or restoring your skin settings, beware of two things - first, the location of your backups (see the Skin Helper Backup add-on settings), and second - properly restoring your header, widget bevel and other settings that need to be defined. For example: If you can't see the widget discs after a restore, that means you must re-set the bevel setting (literally just set it again) .

4. If you have issues regarding the settings, especially newly added ones, it's recommended to go to userdata/addon_data/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton and remove the settings.xml. This will remove the skins settings, allowing you to refresh them. Depending on the location, you can also use the skins own reset settings button, or manually add or delete the entry in settings.xml.

5. For the Weather widget to work, you must install the multi fanart artwork. For the moment it is needed for the widget to appear.

6. Special music artwork needs to be organised as follows:
Music Library/Artist/logo.png;
Music Library/Artist/Album/disc.png

7. To use the RightList DiscArt display, all your discs must be named "disc.png".

8. manfeed's lyrics will only work in the default font set, since Arial negates the purpose of the mod.

9. Black Glass and Solid Panel colour schemes currently break the SH setting dialogues, a search for a fix is ongoing. Use during this time is discouraged. To re-enable them, simply rename the .bak files located in "skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\colors" folder.

10. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMANCE ISSUES, (LIKE THE 100% CPU USAGE ON LINUX), DISABLE THE ALPHABET SCROLLBAR.

11. Skin settings / Background / background colour and opacity controls the fanart/extrafanart brightness and colour overlay.

12. "Allow widget reloading" should be checked only if you experience bugs/problems with the way widgets refresh/load during normal use. This option will slow down widget loading.

13. Reading the descriptions in the lower left corner will clear up most of your queries about what a setting does. It is highly recommended to do so!

14. Ctrl + N will bring up the extended "Now Playing" menu!

15. To remove the home menu header, type in N/A as the custom text.

16. Be advised that the native skin for ExtendedInfo seems broken. It doesn't appear to be a fault of any skin, but a bug in the add-on.

17. ARTWORK DOWNLOADER IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED. ISSUES WITH MISSING ARTWORKS, POOR UPDATES, ETC. ARE MOST LIKELY NOT THE SKINS' FAULT. EVERYONE IS ADVISED TO MOVE OVER TO ARTWORK BEEF.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
The best skin EVER!
@Alanon - I will lock the other thread and put a post linking to this one (EDIT: You already had a post at the end, so I just locked the other thread)

Nice work btw. Always great to have an active modding community Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey + @Alanon : I love this skin and this mod makes it even more useful - keep up the good work!

Any chance that we can get automated updates for this mod from a repository?
Great job, I can't wait to try it !!
This is the marcelveldt repository link, the 1st message has a huge, wrong link in it.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-02-20, 09:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - I will lock the other thread and put a post linking to this one (EDIT: You already had a post at the end, so I just locked the other thread)

Nice work btw. Always great to have an active modding community Smile

Thanks! I wasn't really sure what to do with that old thread. Really love your work, thanks for the kind words! Big Grin

(2017-02-20, 14:43)Raitsa Wrote: This is the marcelveldt repository link, the 1st message has a huge, wrong link in it.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip

Thanks, just updated the first post. It seems I linked the whole repository content by mistake. Confused

how to change when video playing please? i try to fix but i don't succeed
Is it possible to enable a clickable progress bar during video play. I am not able to skip video at specific time. Fast forward takes too much time.
(2017-02-20, 18:19)comorian26 Wrote: how to change when video playing please? i try to fix but i don't succeed

What do you mean? What do you wish to change?

(2017-02-20, 18:49)rocknroll Wrote: Is it possible to enable a clickable progress bar during video play. I am not able to skip video at specific time. Fast forward takes too much time.

At the moment, no. I'm hoping to add this feature real soon.

In the meantime, Krypton uses an incremental skip option, which you can use with the arrows on your keyboard/remote. Left is for backward and right if for going forwards. One press = +10 seconds, two quick taps = + 30 seconds, three = +60 seconds, and so on. With just a couple of clicks you can advance like 5-10 minutes, it's much more efficient than fast forwarding. Krypton also offers you to set-up the increment steps to your preference.

thanks it is what i will do now congratulations for this skin it is this best at the moment
@Alanon
Hi, Great job, how i can move this tab up with osd video and RSS feed as i want to use long tile
watch gallery

congratulations for this skin it is this best
HI it seems to me that version v. 2.2 make kodi 17 very too slow with addons navigation I tried with other skins while running super and fast
The indicator for WebDL is shown on the hub, even if the setting "Show media flags on Hub widget" is turned to off.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21