• 3(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
@Alanon -- If you rename your zip and append it with the version number (so that for each update it has a unique filename), then users will be able to use the "Install from zip" function in addons.

Basically what happens is if the zip has the same name Kodi just uses a pre-cached version in its packages folder. But if you give it a new name it will use the new zip file.

e.g. For latest version you should name your zip (not the actual folder inside the zip, just the zip file itself).
skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton-2.2.2.zip

Although I guess this might add slightly more work because you will have to update the OP every time you make an update so that it points to the new file (although you could link to a google drive folder and then put the zip inside that folder if its too much of a pain to update the OP every time).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi,
i've been using eminence 2 skin from Jarvis and it's the best skin ever.
Now using many Krypton eminence releases i've got always the same problem with live Tv section.
When i play any channel the miniature preview doesn't working well (the channel list become black and i see only video preview in the right side of the screen).

I've not tried yet this skin mod but anyone experienced the same problem?

I'm using Kodi 17 on Sony Bravia (Android Tv 6.0)
(2017-02-23, 09:07)mixotto Wrote: Hi,
Now using many Krypton eminence releases i've got always the same problem with live Tv section.
When i play any channel the miniature preview doesn't working well (the channel list become black and i see only video preview in the right side of the screen).

In the default skin from official repo ENABLE the following option:
Skin Setting > Background > Show background video
(2017-02-23, 09:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thx i will try
(2017-02-23, 10:24)mixotto Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 09:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thx i will try

Sorry, my mistake. The fix has not made it to the repo yet. It is on github and will be pushed to official repo in the next few days.
(2017-02-23, 08:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon -- If you rename your zip and append it with the version number (so that for each update it has a unique filename), then users will be able to use the "Install from zip" function in addons.

Basically what happens is if the zip has the same name Kodi just uses a pre-cached version in its packages folder. But if you give it a new name it will use the new zip file.

e.g. For latest version you should name your zip (not the actual folder inside the zip, just the zip file itself).
skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton-2.2.2.zip

Although I guess this might add slightly more work because you will have to update the OP every time you make an update so that it points to the new file (although you could link to a google drive folder and then put the zip inside that folder if its too much of a pain to update the OP every time).

Did not know that! Thanks a bunch for the tip. I've already adjusted the link to point to the folder.

Thanks again!
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-02-23, 12:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 10:24)mixotto Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 09:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: In the default skin from official repo ENABLE the following option:

Thx i will try

Sorry, my mistake. The fix has not made it to the repo yet. It is on github and will be pushed to official repo in the next few days.

This is what i've got in android.

The background video working well, but preview is black

In pc version, with background video enabled, is playing both preview and background video.
@Alanon: I've completely wiped my settings.xml and still have the said behaviour ... strange Smile
@mixotto - yeah there is a bug on android that can't deal with small video window's. So the solution for skins is to disable the preview window and only show the background video (when that option is enabled). It's a kodi/android bug so not much more can be done about it
Alanon,

I found an error while using the skin in its new version. Every time I press the backspace on the keyboard to go back to the previous folder (videos, tvshows or songs), the skin automatically returns to the main screen. Is this problem happening to me alone? I'm using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3.

Thanks!
(2017-02-24, 04:00)naco.proex Wrote: Alanon,

I found an error while using the skin in its new version. Every time I press the backspace on the keyboard to go back to the previous folder (videos, tvshows or songs), the skin automatically returns to the main screen. Is this problem happening to me alone? I'm using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3.

Thanks!
That's actually a feature requested by some users, back in the old thread. If I remember correct, the way to go up by a level is to click on the back arrow item, while backspace returns you further back.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-02-24, 04:20)Alanon Wrote:

Thanks!
That's actually a feature requested by some users, back in the old thread. If I remember correct, the way to go up by a level is to click on the back arrow item, while backspace returns you further back.

I wondered about that myself ... that behavior is rather complicated if you use a remote control and not a keyboard Smile
@GuRu23: Hm... It shouldn't really be all that invasive, as it shouldn't happen on all levels? The way the code works, it sets a back node on the major points of entry, to be used when the specific elements of the file-path are unknown. So whenever you go step by step from a part of the library, or a file manager, or the add-on browser, this shouldn't be an issue. Browsing through the library or add-ons, for instance, should still go one-step on pressing back. The same goes for the music and video playback.

The main area where this becomes different are complex add-ons, and shortcuts leading to specific parts of the skin. Previously, going backwards lead you to the root of the path, no matter what. Currently, it only leads you up to the part from which you started from initially. So, if I made a skin shortcut to the root of the add-ons browser, it would be the first case I mentioned. However, if I made a shortcut directly to Video add-ons, without clicking on the buttons, upon hitting backspace, I'd be returned to the main menu.

I'm not sure myself whether this is a good idea or not. Logically, I guess it makes sense, since previously there wasn't really a way of going all the way back without spamming the back button. All the while the skinned back arrows have been there forever. The way around it for me is using hubs and the quicknav menu, which hold 90% of those specific locations I frequent. Anyways, I'm pretty indifferent towards the feature itself, so if folks say the word, I'll remove it. With a bit of luck, I might add a setting.

(2017-02-24, 08:49)GuRu23 Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 04:20)Alanon Wrote:

Thanks!

I wondered about that myself ... that behavior is rather complicated if you use a remote control and not a keyboard Smile

I also use a remote control.....................
(2017-02-24, 09:32)Alanon Wrote: @GuRu23: Hm... It shouldn't really be all that invasive, as it shouldn't happen on all levels? The way the code works, it sets a back node on the major points of entry, to be used when the specific elements of the file-path are unknown. So whenever you go step by step from a part of the library, or a file manager, or the add-on browser, this shouldn't be an issue. Browsing through the library or add-ons, for instance, should still go one-step on pressing back. The same goes for the music and video playback.

The main area where this becomes different are complex add-ons, and shortcuts leading to specific parts of the skin. Previously, going backwards lead you to the root of the path, no matter what. Currently, it only leads you up to the part from which you started from initially. So, if I made a skin shortcut to the root of the add-ons browser, it would be the first case I mentioned. However, if I made a shortcut directly to Video add-ons, without clicking on the buttons, upon hitting backspace, I'd be returned to the main menu.

I'm not sure myself whether this is a good idea or not. Logically, I guess it makes sense, since previously there wasn't really a way of going all the way back without spamming the back button. All the while the skinned back arrows have been there forever. The way around it for me is using hubs and the quicknav menu, which hold 90% of those specific locations I frequent. Anyways, I'm pretty indifferent towards the feature itself, so if folks say the word, I'll remove it. With a bit of luck, I might add a setting.

Thanks for your attention!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21