• 30(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Everybody, there's a new bug-fix update live on the repo. Please test everything out to make sure I haven't created some new bug trying to fix the old ones. Also, continue reporting things that are broken, out of place, strange, non-functional, complicated, etc.

I try to keep a list of all these things, but I sometimes forget, and sometimes it takes me a while to figure stuff out.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-05-20, 17:30)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-05-20, 16:26)maroc1994 Wrote: Hello guys,

Absolutely amazing skin!!!

Great job!

I have a question about the info widget. As you can see here on this picture:I have a widget which displays all the movies. http://imgur.com/a/xOYmK

But when i press info, the info window is transparant. therefore the text is not readable. See pic: http://imgur.com/a/cvFsI

How i can change this in the skin settings so that the windows is a bit darker?

Thank you very much!

Hello! Glad you like the mod! Big Grin

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the background, since there isn't any such option at the moment. Nice find! I've added a simple darkening effect to the dialogue itself, functioning as a background, which should increase readability considerably. You can expect it in the next update, which will be up soon. Wink

thank you!

The new update has fixed it, like you said!

Keep up the good work
From the last update I have the same problem in RPI and X86, both have dark screen in the most of plugins that I access. Changing to estuary skin resolve all the problems.

Regards.
Not sure why my previous post was removed. I was just asking for some assistance.

I have the same problem as uankodl. After the update, most of my plugins display only a dark screen. Switching to any other skin resolves this problem.
(2017-05-22, 12:58)uankodl Wrote: From the last update I have the same problem in RPI and X86, both have dark screen in the most of plugins that I access. Changing to estuary skin resolve all the problems.

Regards.

(2017-05-22, 13:45)loki00 Wrote: Not sure why my previous post was removed. I was just asking for help.

I have the same problem as uankodl. After the update, most of my plugins display only a dark screen. Switching to any other skin resolves this problem.

The problem of the matter is that the add-ons that you referred to are banned, and this forum doesn't provide any support for them. It's in the forum rules. It is prohibited to discuss, mention or indeed photograph them and display them on this forum. That's why a mod removed the comment. The Kodi team does everything in their power to distance themselves from piracy add-ons in order to stop being treated as criminal or shady characters promulgating copyright infringement. They view it as the only way of being able to continue their work providing a free, open-source environment. Given all that, it would be kind of silly for them to claim they're against piracy, all the while allowing free discussion and support for various piracy add-ons. There are many, many forums out there that deal in exclusively such content. That being said, since most of the skin and major add-on creators are still on this forum, mainstream support for piracy add-ons is non-existent, and the reason they work is practically a consequence of the skins' well-executed code, and not a sign of full-fledged support for such add-ons.

Now, on to the matter at hand. The problem you're experiencing lies in the add-ons themselves, and their shoddy code when combined with the latest updates in the skin. The recent changes introduced strict content-based conditions for various view-types. This was introduced in order to improve the forced views function, remove various skin bugs, and ensure that the proper content type had access to the proper views in the selection menu. Some add-ons that you mention don't always acknowledge this, as they fail to report their content type. Hence, nothing is shown. You're absolutely correct in that you won't see this in most skins. That's because most skins only have one view-type for add-ons, that was built as separate from the rest of the skin in order to guard against badly written code. This mod - as is true for much the original Eminence - is built on cross-referencing the same resources, and so these things are possible. To cut a long story short, I'm researching on ways to deal with this in the best way possible. In the mean time, you can expect a quick fix within the day, as soon as I reach my PC.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Thanks for the explanation. Apologise for my ignorance and now understand why my post had to be removed. Should've read the forum rules (does anyone?) I guess. It's a great skin for Kodi and I appreciate all the time and effort that goes into it. Thanks
Hello guys!

First let me say amazing theme! I'm enjoying it just trying to tweak it to my liking. I noticed though when I play music the cdart with the disc along with the backdrop disappears after a new song starts maybe about 10 seconds then it leave a black shape of the banner. How do I keep the banner active at all times without going off screen?

(2017-05-22, 17:55)loki00 Wrote: Thanks for the explanation. Apologise for my ignorance and now understand why my post had to be removed. Should've read the forum rules (does anyone?) I guess. It's a great skin for Kodi and I appreciate all the time and effort that goes into it. Thanks

No worries. Wink We were all new to the forums once. The quick-fix should be up and running, so you can check it out.

(2017-05-22, 17:56)abriandnath Wrote: Hello guys!

First let me say amazing theme! I'm enjoying it just trying to tweak it to my liking. I noticed though when I play music the cdart with the disc along with the backdrop disappears after a new song starts maybe about 10 seconds then it leave a black shape of the banner. How do I keep the banner active at all times without going off screen?

This is a skin quirk that I haven't been able to eradicate. It happens very rarely, at least in my experience. When the interface disappears like that, you need to click on your "i" key. That will bring it back up. That key toggles the visibility of the music interface. So after that, it should remain on the screen until you press i again.

On a side note, I'd really recommend using manfeed's lyrics. They're awesome. Big Grin

Hey Alanon,

Great job btw and thanks for the quick response! Ok i will change the lyric. Question Is their a way when I go to home screen when the music is playing is have the same visiual effects of the cdart pop out with the spinning disc?
(2017-05-22, 19:06)abriandnath Wrote: Hey Alanon,

Great job btw and thanks for the quick response! Ok i will change the lyric. Question Is their a way when I go to home screen when the music is playing is have the same visiual effects of the cdart pop out with the spinning disc?

Sadly, there's no fancy animation for music or video playback. There's really no room to put it. Confused

The closest replacement, sort of, is a sidebar, which pops-up when you press Ctrl + N.

A quick question for the heavy music users out there. I'm thinking of streamlining the music management system of the skin. That means relegating all artwork management to Skin Helper, like in other skins, and removing the clunky artwork location features.

As a consequence, this would mean that all your artwork would need to be in the folders where the music itself is, and could also mean a change of naming convention, based on Skin Helper specifications. Is this something that's a problem for you guys?

Hi
Beautiful skin.
Only one request... A wall view with Little, medium and large poster.
Like aeon wall view but not the same.
The eminence poster view are big space between poster perhaps reduce theme?

I hope this is possible...
Hey,

Experiencing an issue. I installed the theme via the instructions downloaded the source etc etc.. Work fine but after awhile it becomes laggy when using, then sometimes I notice a temp thermometer appear on screen, This happens during a period of which i was watching a movie and at another time when trying to load a stream and then it froze up. What are your thoughts?
(2017-05-24, 00:02)abriandnath Wrote: Hey,

Experiencing an issue. I installed the theme via the instructions downloaded the source etc etc.. Work fine but after awhile it becomes laggy when using, then sometimes I notice a temp thermometer appear on screen, This happens during a period of which i was watching a movie and at another time when trying to load a stream and then it froze up. What are your thoughts?
Just a thought, but do you have alphabet scrollbar enabled?

Where do I check this? I'm a noob just feeling my way around.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21