FIRE TV GURU ON KODI 17 HOME PAGE
I went to go on kodi tonight, I clicked on kodi & my whole 50" tv screen was filled with Fire TV Guru & cannot figure out how to get rid of it? Someone Please Help!
Sounds like you or someone else has installed a piracy "build" on top of Kodi with the intention of accessing pirated content.

I would recommend uninstalling Kodi in the Fire TV app settings then re-install Kodi from a legitimate source using the guide found at Fire TV (wiki)
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
not possible for I live alone & last week I had removed the 17.0 krypton for I was having trouble with it IE: no audio etc & re-installed the 17.0 Krypton Final. I just went to click on kodi last night & there it was. I didn't do anything wrong I couldn't download any piracy stuff if I wanted to for I would not even know how to do it. I'm a 68 yr. old disabled veteran not too computer savy. All I want to know is how to get rid of it?
How can I uninstall it if I can't get into kodi because that fire tv appears as soon as I click on kodi on the home screen & cannot get to system or file settings?
I don't follow "I had removed the 17.0 krypton for I was having trouble with it IE: no audio etc & re-installed the 17.0 Krypton Final"
Where did you "re-installed the 17.0 Krypton Final" from? Our official site?
You should also be able to delete the app without getting access to it - https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/...=201642850
Just remember even if you Uninstall the App - all the Caches and user settings remain intact - you have to clear any Caches and Userdata as well when uninstalling Kodi if you want to start fresh.

There are further Uninstall Instructions in this thread:

***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

(2017-02-20, 16:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Just remember even if you Uninstall the App - all the Caches and user settings remain intact - you have to clear any Caches and Userdata as well when uninstalling Kodi if you want to start fresh.

Mmm.. No. When you uninstall, everything is gone.
Only if you use xbmc_env.properties are your kodi settings kept.
(2017-02-20, 11:49)IraC18 Wrote: not possible for I live alone & last week I had removed the 17.0 krypton for I was having trouble with it IE: no audio etc & re-installed the 17.0 Krypton Final. I just went to click on kodi last night & there it was. I didn't do anything wrong I couldn't download any piracy stuff if I wanted to for I would not even know how to do it. I'm a 68 yr. old disabled veteran not too computer savy. All I want to know is how to get rid of it?
How can I uninstall it if I can't get into kodi because that fire tv appears as soon as I click on kodi on the home screen & cannot get to system or file settings?

Perhaps you've mistakenly installed what you believed to be an official version of Kodi.

What have you been using Kodi for up until now?

Regardless, the advice is the same. Uninstall then re-install from our legitimate download at https://kodi.tv/download/ then you can associate all your legitimately own content with your library and you'll be back in action.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FIRE TV GURU ON KODI 17 HOME PAGE0