Buying a Sheild today and have a question regarding kodi.
Sorry if this isn't in the correct section.
I'll be purchasing a nvidia shield today, kinda excited as I passed my fire stick onto my sister last night. My question is, do I have to run Kodi 17 on the shield or would I have the option to download 16.0 out the box. I only ask because I been reading a lot of bad reviews regarding 17 and would like kinda stick to 16.0 if if possible. Thanks for any info and once again sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.
Thread moved to Android.

Why not try Krypton (v17)? Most of the bad reviews are either from people who tried to use it on old android KitKat boxes (where it won't run) or who are using "fully loaded" piracy boxes which Krypton broke.

But if you don't like it you can download the Jarvis apk from the download link at the top of the page (the older releases section is near the bottom of the download page) and sideload it onto the shield.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi!

I bought a Shield TV a few weeks ago. Version 17 runs great, there is no reason not to upgrade.
You can also get spmc from the google play store. It is based on v16 with some tweaks for the shield.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buying a Sheild today and have a question regarding kodi.0