v17 SSH gone after update to 17
So I ha e been using Kodi 16 with a RPi 3 Model B running OSMC for a few months. However, after updating to 17 all ssh/sftp functionality was completely gone. It is impossible to connect to Kodi via ssh (tried from multiple clients in the same LAN). The funny thing is that the ssh service seems to be running normaly.

Code:
sudo sysctl status ssh.service
outputs that the service is active and running.

If I restart the Pi, sometimes I can connect via ssh immediately after restarting but only right away after the Pi fires up. Wait a couple of minutes and the connection is denied again (even though the service is running).

Any ideas would be highly appreciated Smile
Your issue has no relevance to Kodi and is quite specific to the OSMC operating system. Please create a post at https://discourse.osmc.tv/c/help-and-sup...spberry-pi.
switch from wifi to wired and see if it makes any difference. i had similar issues and it was the wifi stick
Same thing with wired...
What SSH client are you using?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
It's not the client - I tested with a few different client programs. I have tried putty on Windows and Terminus on Android as well as FileZilla which also fails to connect (no SSH --> no sftp as well) even though I have changed nothins apart from the update to 17 Krypton.
Remove (not delete) the .ssh folder in your home folder, then reboot.
Didn't help. In fact, I even removed openssh-client and openssh-server and reinstalled them.. but still no joy.
Are you running a firewall of any kind?
No, no firewall. I am thinking of formatting the SD card and reinstalling everything. Might be quicker than troubleshooting the issue...
ok. I reinstalled everything. Works great again. I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't find the problem but... it does work now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH gone after update to 170