Version check error.
Hi there, I am trying to install Kodi 16.1. Every time I am installing it I get the error "Version check error, please check log more more info" Is there anything that could be causing this? I have uninstalled it, and re-installed it on numerous occasions. Kind Regards.
I started having this same problem recently (using 16.1 for Android/Fire TV), and was very annoyed that no one ever replied to these queries! Anyway, I found a solution, at least for the Confluence skin.

Go to the main System menu, then navigate to Add-ons -> My add-ons -> Services -> Version Check and disable it. That worked for me.
Hello!

I also run Android KODI 16.1 on my Q10 Pro and have the same "Version check error" pop-up at every time I start KODI since like 1 week ago. It never happened before, tho' I have it installed like for almost a half year. I know how to disable the "Version Check add-on", to stop this, I would like just to know, that why is it happening and what would be the cause of this "Error"?!

Thanks for the reply!
I am running Kodi 16.1 and I am also getting "Version Error" when I start Kodi. Do I need to install an updated version of Kodi?
(2017-09-22, 20:35)Gordo63 Wrote: I am running Kodi 16.1 and I am also getting "Version Error" when I start Kodi. Do I need to install an updated version of Kodi?

Pssss... Looks like they like to keep these "secrets" under the bed somehow... (Since no one have replied to this simple question.) And NO, you can keep any KODI version you prefer the most, there's no nagging for any unwanted updates (except this "Version Error Check" maybe?!Tongue). Just google how to disable the version check add-on. Or you can volunteer and try a new version and see if it fits for you, or not. Well, I personally like and used to much better to the 16.1 confluence skin, that's all... Default Krypton skin and menu seams at first sight rather again like Windows 8 tile system and icons design...Confused
(2017-09-22, 20:55)Mount81 Wrote: Well, I personally like and used to much better to the 16.1 confluence skin, that's all... Default Krypton skin and menu seams at first sight rather again like Windows 8 tile system and icons design...Confused

You know that confluence skin has been officialy updated for kodi 17 and is available in the kodi repo...
Moanbag is in da place!
Well it looks like that it ain't such a big deal, just some minor ('major'->he-he) code parts don't match in some  KODI system files. Still mystique for me tho', but looks nothing to get worried about... (Hope I'm right.)

The update is: it has begun also to pop-up a warning with some "You only have 16.1, while there's  17.4 out since ages, why didn't you update?" message. Well, I don't use any add-ons except YT and Simple IPTV, the scrapper and the weather still works fine, and otherwise i just won't get any benefit on my Box (Q10 Pro) by updating to 17.4. Still no HD audio, still no auto frequency switching, even DD and DTS is still broken. I now it's not KODI's fault, but KODI is still totally useless for local playback on my HiMedia Box. 

So I will just simply turn off the checker.

I would have give it a try with the "shitty" build (fixed DD and DTS) along with the auto frequency patch to see if it -maybe- has some better deinterlacing for DVD and TV videos, but the frequency patch just seams to operate with some rather "strange" manners, making it a no-go, while I'm very cautious regarding my TV's health.

I wish we could have a more trusty and more official fix, even if just to make the deinetrlaced video playback OK somehow...

Still decent for Jukebox tho'...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Version check error.0