Problem upgrading to Kodi 17
I have a MXQ android tv box with kodi 16.0 installed. I am trying to upgrade it to 17.0 but it is giving me a hard time. When I download the apk and try to install it I keep getting the parsing error. Is my model unable to handle 17.0? Do I have to uninstall my current version first? I don't really want to lose all of my saved data nor get stuck deleting kodi and not being able to reinstall any version.

I have to correct boxes checked under the privacy settings to download apps from unidentified sources. I would just really like to know why I cannot upgrade.
What version of Android do you have?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That's the answer then, Android 4.4 will not run Kodi 17. Kodi 16.1 is the last version to run of these boxes, but its pretty cool! You could also try SPMC 16.4.2.

The other trick can be downloading the ARM 64 bit version when your OS is 32 bit, done that!
From the release page
Quote:Android

Kodi 17.0 is now standards-compliant with Android’s official Audio API and requires Android 5.0 or higher as the minimum version. DTS-HD, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby ATMOS passthrough are now supported on devices that implement AudioTrack v23 or higher. Devices with firmware that does not follow this standard will not support passthrough. Support for 4K video and output and improvements to refresh rate switching and HEVC, VC-1 / WMV 9, and VP9 playback on supported hardware are the icing on the cake.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you all for the quick responses. I guess next time I should read a little more before asking questions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem upgrading to Kodi 170