Linux Remove Nightly Version 1.8 Kodi
Good morning to everybody,
I need your help to identify which is the right series of command to remove Nightly Kodi 1.8

I did several time :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get purge kodi*

but when i reinstall Kodi , it starts with 1.8 and also "aptitude show kodi" points to 1.8

Can you please suggest the step by step to remove totally kodi and so allow from scratch reinstallation of 1.6 or 1.7 ?
You mean 18, not 1.8.

It sounds like you have the nightly PPA configured, and not the stable one. Look at this link:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

and edit your software sources accordingly, either directly in the config files - /etc/apt/sources.list and/or /etc/apt/source.list.d - or via an application such as "Software & Updates".

'sudo apt-get update' and you should then pick up Kodi from the stable PPA instead.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Can you please help me to understand better which is config files change I have to do?
Should I remove any line which is pointing to 18 ?
I don't have the nightly PPA installed on this system, so I'd be guessing a little to talk you through the manual route...

Read this section instead: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...nt_version

In effect, you need to remove either the unstable or nightly PPAs, depending on what you have installed, and then add the stable one instead. I suspect you have the *nightly* PPA if you're getting v18.

sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly to remove the nightly PPA (or sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/unstable if you have the unstable PPA).
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Good morning,
I have followed your suggestion and now I had been able to get KODI 17. (Thanks)

Unfortunately now when i try to see video from video-add on, is really slow or freeze. While sounds is correct .. images are freezing.

Can i go back to KODI 16 or previous ? Can you please help on that ?
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...u/kodi-old

You'd need to do the same as above - remove the stable PPA and replace it - otherwise you'll immediately upgrade back to 17 as the latest version.

However, before you do that, I'd suggest opening a new thread with a debug_log (wiki), as this is most certainly not what's intended. It might be that you have old graphics drivers, for example (e.g. if you're still on Trusty with an Intel GPU). Others understand that better than me, though.
Thank you for support. I wasn't able to remove the version 17 even if I've typed command to remove ppa of 17.
May I ask you support indicating me set of commands to be used to reinstall 16 again ?
Also your analisys can be right one because i'm still on Trusty because i didn't install any updated driver and i'm looking how to do this.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Nightly Version 1.8 Kodi0