Windows PVR backend that can record in multiples from a single tuner
Btw. MediaPortal does share single tuners for multiple recordings!!!
(2017-03-04, 06:06)ndjamena Wrote: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...artial-EPG

OK then, it's a known problem.
Make sure you have "update epg during live tv" unticked on the Settings->Misc screen in NextPVR.
(2017-03-04, 21:05)pünktchen Wrote: Btw. MediaPortal does share single tuners for multiple recordings!!!

Doh!

I was thinking maybe I should have tried deleting/rescanning the channels when it worked for NextPVR, but I'd already uninstalled it by that point.

I did test it and couldn't get multiple channels from a tuner working...
(2017-03-05, 20:48)sub3 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 06:06)ndjamena Wrote: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...artial-EPG

OK then, it's a known problem.
Make sure you have "update epg during live tv" unticked on the Settings->Misc screen in NextPVR.

I changed the Auto Update to 12:00AM and the EPG seems to still be there this morning. I don't know if changing the time had anything to do with it or if it's even fixed at all, the thread seems to indicate the problem is random... I guess I'll see.
(2017-03-02, 06:05)ndjamena Wrote: so what I'm left with is channels 7,70,71,72,73,76 and 78 then after that all the other channels on all the other frequencies are simply allocated numbers 101-132. It doesn't make sense that it should do that, it's obviously trying to allocate the Seven channels to the same numbers they're given over the air, but then just gives up after that and assigns all the other channels whatever. If it's going to do that it might as well not bother.

I suppose I could edit the channels manually, but considering the problems I was having with multiple recordings I'm kind of afraid to touch them.
I wonder whether there might have been some change by the service providers... I had to do a rescan in Windows Media Centre, and I got some weird channel numbers when doing that.

Anyway, I've installed nextpvr to "give it a go", so I haven't used it extensively. My notes tell me that when I scanned the channels, I merged channels with the same name and manually renamed them. I don't know whether deleting the "extra" channels rather than "merging" them might have caused issues with the guide?

I just opened nextpvr, and my guide is populated (even though I've not been using it, and even though the addon in Kodi hadn't been enabled).

If there's anything you want testing by a fellow Aussie, I can try things for you.
Two days later and the EPG is still going fine.

Unless this thing auto-updates or I fiddled with something else it looks like changing the EPG time to 12AM seems to have fixed it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows PVR backend that can record in multiples from a single tuner0