H96 pro 4k problem with amp
Apologies if this isn't the right section

Based on s912 chipset & andriod 6

I have Sony tv and Sony amp connected

When I shutdown the box and switch over to the satellite it some how messes with the amp and says " Audio systems communications failure TV speakers active" if I switch the andriod box back on whilst watching satellite the audio system comes back on and says "audio system active"..

So obviously the box itself is sending some command to the amp..I have tried the hdmi cec settings on the andriod on and off and no difference..

Any suggestions?!
Without beating around the Bush - sell the S912 to some other unsuspecting Victim person on Ebay.

Worst Firmware for any Android device on the current market period.

What has happened is sellers have been making a quick buck by releasing these devices with "test" AMLogic Firmware, meant for pre-production test devices. So if you users don't get regular bug busting Firmware support from the seller - you are basically "up shit creek without a paddle !".

Ask the seller for a Firmware update would be my first suggestion.
Possible Firmware help is also found on the Freaktab Website.

Ok thanks it appears to be ok apart from the problem obviously...i think inwill send it back I think it's annoying as it's from Amazon lol...is there any problems with s905x? If not what's the best out there??
Simply put if you wanta cheap S905x Android only device - get a Manufacturer supported, easy to use, popular Xiaomi Mi Box - which will work out of the box. $69 is a bargain in the USA. See the Mi Box thread.

Or if you want flexibility get a S905 device that can run Android and LibreELEC Kodi in a dual boot setup. Heaps of options then.
Easiest dual boot setup in that configuration would be the WeTek Hub. (S905) only device.

The Android King is of course the nVIDIA Shield.
With Android you usually have to pay to get the best Firmware and ongoing after sales support.

Well I have returned it I have heard a lot of things about the xiaomi mi box and support so it seems like a no brainer thanks your right about s912 seems to have been rushed out and bugs exist...

It will get there I suppose
@wrxtasy Just what is it that's missing from current firmware that manufacturers / devs are waiting for before the S912 can become a viable option ?

Please by all means spell it out so we can be better informed ?

cheers
As Fritsch in the Android Audio post has said. The S912 has been rushed to market and it looks like the sellers are using AMLogic test Firmware, scrambling over each other to be the first to release and really don't care at all how their S912 devices work once they have your money.

"Ship and Forget"

The sellers are frankly clueless. All they do is order a certain spec Android box, get the factory to flash, common buggy firmware. There is virtually no bug busting that goes into this cheap S912 AMLogic stuff. It all about Volume, Sales and shipping boxes. Before the next shiny buggy product is available.

I Have spelt it all out in Red Writing in the START HERE thread ! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H96 pro 4k problem with amp0