Android Crappy Monba A96Z Terrible service!!
I asked for help through their only support channel, facebook.
Well... After often waiting days for a response on how to update the crappy firmware they sent me a link in Chinese that I had to figure out through trial and error. It didn't work. Isent them another message, a little more assertive but not angry, and this is the response I got:

"We only provide service to customers who bought from our official Amazon shop. You bought the box from one Korean auction website and now you get angry with us. It is non-sense. You should contact the seller you bought from!!!"

I bought this box from America. It isnt fake. It was bought from America through a reseller in Korea. They just DO NOT want to deal with the firmware issue. The program you sent to burn the firmware on to a usb won't install. A warning to anyone buying a tv box... DO NOT BUY ONE FROM THIS COMPANY!! There is no auto firmware update and they don't care whether your box works or not... They'll just give you the run-around.
Sorry to hear....pretty usual with budget Android boxes unfortunately....

But if you want to ease your pain head over to LibreELEC Kodi land with a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class10 UHS-1 microSDHC and flash LibreELEC on to that:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

Your device is running an AMLogic S905x 2G RAM 16GB eMMC Flash storage.

Do this and you will thank me later. Wink

Thanks... I will give it a shot... Cheers
From a LE dev. perspective - we actually have very good AMLogic Linux Kernel guys and experienced Linux campaigners that can build an OS to run Kodi on. LibreELEC Kodi Krypton is at least one generation ahead of the equivalent AML Kodi Krypton.

Yes it completely transforms AML S905 Android hunks of junk into very capable 4K HD Audio Kodi Krypton media players.

LibreELEC is even faster if its flashed to the internal eMMC Storage. Instructions somewhere in the AML LE forum above.

Enjoy ! Smile

please excuse my ignorance but are you saying I can put a new, better OS in my Monba A96Z Android Mini PC Android TV BOX Amlogic Quad core S905X CPU 2G/16G Wifi RJ45 4×USB port support 4K with Wireless keyboard?

I have a amazon fire stick and a Ruku too, but I bought the A96Z which is nothing but a headache every time I use it.
Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
THH
That's exactly what he's saying Smile. You just boot off a microSD card with LibreELEC, specifically @wrxtasy's build here. I use a S912, but believe this is the right bit for S905X.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crappy Monba A96Z Terrible service!!0