Ignore sort method for a specific listitem
Hi all,

I searched on internet and on the forum but I haven't find any answer.

Is there a way to force a List item to be at the bottom or at the top of a list (like the '...' (= previous) item ?

An example of what I want to do :

I create a list of item with the "UNSORTED" sort method and I obtain that :

Code:
Reptils
Fishs
Dogs
Cats
More videos...

If I add the "LABEL" sort method I obtain that :

Code:
Cats
Dogs
Fishs
More videos...
Reptils

BUT, I want to force the 'More videos...' item to be at the bottom even with the 'LABEL' sort method like that :

Code:
Cats
Dogs
Fishs
Reptils
More videos...

Thanks a lot for your help
No one?

Maybe my question isn't clear?
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
With alphabetical sort labels starting with non-alpha characters are displayed on top of the others. So you can do something like [More videos...].
If you really need to display your item at the bottom, you can use some non-alpha characters with high Unicode code points, for example:

Code:
u'‹More videos...›'

Do note that this must be a Unicode literal in Python.
Hi Roman,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, so we have to use things likes this 'hack', there is no 'official' trick to do that Undecided

I am going to try with this 'hack'.

Nothing to see with this thread but I use your Simpleplugin framework, I very like it ! And your documentation is very nice, thanks for your job ;-)
That is one think that surprised me too and the whole reason most people don't use sort option. It would be nice if 2 flags could be added. Maybe something like itemType = content/header/footer where header and footer are ignored on sort methods. Or even something as simple as sortable=True/False on the listitem
I am 100% agree with you Protocol-X!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ignore sort method for a specific listitem0