External Player file - What's Wrong?
What's wrong with this? I have it in the system, but Zplayer doesn't play. I know I'm bugging everyone iwth multiple posts, but I'm not sure they should be combined as they ARE different.

playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ZPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args></args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="avi, mkv, mp4, flv" player="ZPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Your problem is the <args> line. You need to change it to

<args>"{1}"</args>

so that the file name of the video will be sent to Zoom Player (which I also use, btw...)

I'm assuming the first line is actually <playercorefactory> and not playercorefactory> as we see it here? Copy/paste error?
Hmmm. Possibly another error? Not sure if Kodi will take variations in XML syntax.

My rule line is as follows:

<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|wtv" player="ZoomPlayer"/>

Notice the types are separated by vertical lines, not commas.
(2017-02-21, 20:28)pagali Wrote: Hmmm. Possibly another error? Not sure if Kodi will take variations in XML syntax.

My rule line is as follows:

Notice the types are separated by vertical lines, not commas.

I was wondering about that, but in either case it still loads the built-in. So I started with just an avi, as in this:

layercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ZPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="avi" player="ZPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And it still loads the built-in (deja vu')? Note I have audio=true, as I want ZPlayer to deal with that as well.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
OK, here's my entire file, which is located in C:\Users\[myusername]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ZoomPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (X86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<playcountminimumtime>1200</playcountminimumtime><!-- Minimum play time to mark watched. -->
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It works flawlessly. Is yours in the right place? Try commenting out the Rules section, restart Kodi, see if Zoomplayer is now listed in a library file's context menu, under "Play Using..."

Regarding Audio... I'm not sure that's what the Audio=True item means. My music plays as usual, in the Kodi audio player, which is the way I prefer.
(2017-02-21, 20:13)pagali Wrote: Your problem is the <args> line. You need to change it to

<args>"{1}"</args>

so that the file name of the video will be sent to Zoom Player (which I also use, btw...)

I'm assuming the first line is actually <playercorefactory> and not playercorefactory> as we see it here? Copy/paste error?

NOT a copy/paste error. Stubbornly didn't look until just now.

My only problem now is getting to load full screen.

YOU 2 ARE ACES!
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-02-21, 20:57)RBraverman Wrote: My only problem now is getting to load full screen.

I control that from within ZoomPlayer... find the option to open all files in full screen mode. Are you using MadVR? I also have that set to use Exclusive Fullscreen mode.

Regarding your desire to play audio files in Zoomplayer... the Audio=true option, according to the Kodi wiki, just allows your external player to show in the context menu of audio files. I think you would need to create a rule adding the format of your audio files to those played by ZP. Maybe adding mp3 or flac or wmv or whatever to the filetypes would do it? I haven't tried it, so experiment and let us know. Big Grin
(2017-02-21, 21:18)pagali Wrote: [quote='RBraverman' pid='2532255' dateline='1487703446']My only problem now is getting to load full screen.

(2017-02-21, 21:18)pagali Wrote: I control that from within ZoomPlayer... find the option to open all files in full screen mode. Are you using MadVR? I also have that set to use Exclusive Fullscreen mode.

Sometimes MadVR aaaaand sometimes not.

It used to load full screen before this. If I remember it was set to remember it's settings at close. Also I believe there is a flag on the commandline (/fs)?- I'll go looking later - thanks.

(2017-02-21, 21:18)pagali Wrote: Regarding your desire to play audio files in Zoomplayer... the Audio=true option, according to the Kodi wiki, just allows your external player to show in the context menu of audio files. I think you would need to create a rule adding the format of your audio files to those played by ZP. Maybe adding mp3 or flac or wmv or whatever to the filetypes would do it? I haven't tried it, so experiment and let us know. Big Grin

I assumed that audio=true, was in regards to to the video player taking care of audio as well as video. I like the internal player - Winamp is too hard to control in a 10' setting - so that becomes a moot point.

FWIW, Setup | Interface | Position and Size (Odd place to put it Wink )
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player file - What's Wrong?0