show movie thumbnails on home screen?
I've got Kodi/Confluence running on a Raspberry Pi under Xbian. The target user is a developmentally disabled adult who enjoys Sesame Street/Disney sing-along/classic Disney movies. He had no problems with VHS tapes and a VCR where there was a physical action to load/unload each video, nor did he have issues with the play/rewind/eject/fast forward buttons. Kodi on the Raspberry Pi is a replacement for his broken VCR/TV combo and aging VHS tapes. It's quite simple, with only a dozen or two MP4 movies available.

I would like for the home screen to simply show the movie thumbnails, but haven't been able to determine how to do this, if indeed it is possible. I have things set up so that the only 2 items on the home screen are the Movies and System buttons with the thumbnails appearing after "pressing" the Movies button, but would like to ideally eliminate both of these in favor of just the movie thumbnails.

Any possibilities here?

Ken
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192659

That maybe of help.
Got it working via autoexec.py (wiki) on Krypton.
Just make a text file called autoexec.py with the contents below and put it in your userdata (wiki) folder.

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)')

The benefit of this method is that you won't have to re-do it when the skin updates.

Just set the Confluence viewtype to Thumbnail and it should do exactly what you're looking for.

4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show movie thumbnails on home screen?0