Release BitChute video Add-on, decentralized Youtube alternative
(2019-10-02, 09:41)Raitsa Wrote: Go for it Yubby

Lol I want to work on this add on too. I have all the files from the zip opened up on notepad++. No idea how Kodi scrapes the site. The add on actually works for me though. The only trouble is when I try to add certain channels to favorites. 

I know add ons will break when a site updates their UI or just site in general. 

What is the item that causes Kodi to scrape the site? Is it in one of the dependencies of this add on?

How is Kodi able to find the users that are favorited? Is it based on sifting through the scraped data that occurred once this add on was launched? So many channels would have been closed or not opened before then?

The add on actually works well when watching videos. I have tried watching videos on Kodi add on development but they are pretty vague or maybe I am retarded. 
Feels like if I could find out how Kodi scrapes and how that works, this add on could be back up to date again.
Never mind about the channel thing. I was digging through the default.py and found out the right address/channel name I needed to add the current channels to favorites. Seems like the best way to use this add on would be to just increase the number of favorites you can have, enter the channels you like in those, and then watch the videos like that.
Not sure if this would be an easy thing to fix or not but, the add on will not add more than a small number of items to the list when printing out the contents of someones channel. 

So like if the channel had 100 videos it will end up pulling up 34 items instead of the full amount.

I'm not sure why that is bc the code in default.py looks like it would pull up anything up to 100.

links2 = []
    for index, link in enumerate(links.iteritems()):
        if index >= 100:
            break
        thumbnail = None if "thumbnail" not in link[1] else link[1]["thumbnail"]
        if thumbnail != None and thumbnail[0] == "/":
            thumbnail = "https://www.bitchute.com"+thumbnail
        if thumbnail == None:
            thumbnail = __icon__
        linkToURL = link[0] if link[0][0] != "/" else "https://www.bitchute.com"+link[0]
        addLink(link[1]["name"].encode("utf8"),linkToURL.encode("utf8"),3,thumbnail,False)

If I am looking at the right thing.
Could you add an Android cast feature compatible with the Bitslide client?
This would be a HUGE boon to the add-on, potentially making YouTube obsolete and rendering the pro-censorship platform to the great ash heap of history, which I periodically rummage around in anyway because I'm a rodent.
Is this a dead project?
I am using the alpha version and it still works fine on kodi 18.9.
The feed category does not work correctly.
man this would be nice

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BitChute video Add-on, decentralized Youtube alternative0