library issue
Been using kodi years now, and mostly my library use, however a few years back i noticed that in the movies, the sports genre had disappeard, i posted ages ago about this and was told its the fault of my set up, its not, i have all the latest releases of kodi, on different machines, done new installs and still sports genre is missing from my library.

I can only assume that its been taken out by kodi themselves..but all other avenues i have tried are exhausted...just how many types of genre should be showing anyway??

Please can anyone input anything to help as it seems mad to not have sports genre in the library!

Thank you
Falafael, you still using Transparency! it's still got the genre sports and the same with Estuary. I do remember you as a sport fan.
Quote: and was told its the fault of my set up, its not,
I looked back and couldn't find your age old post, but genre is assigned by the scrapers, and there's not a lot of sports in the meta-databases (depending on the database, there's like 30+ GENRE'S plus sub genre's and more coming http://www.imdb.com/genre/ ) so it's likely you'll have to add your own tags to the videos etc. Kodi just dutifully inserts the genre given by the meta-data scrape, if you don't have any scrapes with the genre 'sport' then it's not likely to ever show up, in your case that's probably the issue. You would have to set-up a custom .nfo for each sport video, and by now that would be an impossible feat with your collection.

Video library tags (wiki)

https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/topics/...new_genres

If you want suggestions for work-arounds, give me an idea of how you're handling your collection now, how you use Kodi and what your expectations are. This library stuff can be quite time consuming, and if you're only wishing better organization without any effort, it's not likely my suggestions will add much.

Have look here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=96518 this is how the formula one racing is set-up, a lot of effort, but nicely handled.
Thank you for replying, i changed after using transparency for years, and have settled on using the Titan skin, loving that too...but as for movies, yes my collection is very big now, and sports used to be in the genre selection, i only mention this as we love watching the movies, such as coach carter etc, trouble is i add them, then they get swallowed so to speak when new movies are added.

The movies are spread across quite a few drives now, placed in folders, for example (movies on M), its sees all movies i have, as well as when i add new content.

This is infact the only gripe i have with kodi mate, we adore it, and have got to a point where we only now have a handful of addons, missing movies, trakt etc...

Kodi is our only real way of watching tv, been like this for years now, i will look at the links you put forward and post anythingi find useful...
Thanks for taking the time to reply though PatK!
If you're inclined to go the hard way, you could open up a .nfo with an editor and locate <genre>Crime</genre> and place Sports were you see Crime. That way at least this one will pop under sports Smile or should. If not let me know and we'll try to get to the root of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library issue0