Using Twin tuner tv with Kodio
I have installed Kodi with NextPVR can happily watch free to air TV.

TV tuner is a Sony PlayTV external USB box running on Windows 10. Which according to the specifications is a Dual Tuner device what allows you to record one channel whilst watching another on the other tuner. I does not allow you to record two different TV stations at the same time.

How do setup Kodi to record one channel whilst watching another?
Is it possible to schedule recordings.to wake up and shut down Kodi when they are complete?
Do you see both tuners listed in NextPVR's Settings->Devices screen?
(2017-02-22, 18:11)sub3 Wrote: Do you see both tuners listed in NextPVR's Settings->Devices screen?

Yes two tuners show up in Next PVR. I've tuned in both and they seemed to work fine.

Just not sure how to operate the second tuner just for recording.

Tried recording the current channel being watched then switching to the second tuner by changiong the channel to a different networ but It just froze Kodi.

Because as with the PlayTV you can only record 1 channel whilst watching another.
(2017-02-23, 13:11)G12345567 Wrote: Just not sure how to operate the second tuner just for recording.
You don't have to do anything special. NextPVR will automatically use the second tuner (if the first tuner is being used for something else).

Is it letting you schedule two recordings for the same time? If not, try zip and supply the NextPVR logs after the attempt to schedule and I'll check why.
(2017-02-24, 06:28)sub3 Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 13:11)G12345567 Wrote: Just not sure how to operate the second tuner just for recording.
You don't have to do anything special. NextPVR will automatically use the second tuner (if the first tuner is being used for something else).

Is it letting you schedule two recordings for the same time? If not, try zip and supply the NextPVR logs after the attempt to schedule and I'll check why.
Is the same true for the Hauppauge quad tuner card?
NextPVR seems to treat it like a dual tuner card and will kick clients off a tuner when starting a recording even though an unused tuner is available.

Sent from my GT-P3113
(2017-02-26, 14:02)jmooremcc Wrote: Is the same true for the Hauppauge quad tuner card?
NextPVR seems to treat it like a dual tuner card and will kick clients off a tuner when starting a recording even though an unused tuner is available.
Sure - as long as you've got all four tuners setup in NextPVR, then there is no reason you can't be recording on all of them simultaneously.

I've actually got the WinTV Quad HD in my machine right now, and have no problems using all four tuners. If you are seeing problems with it, I'm happy to look into it for you.

When you're setting up multiple tuners, it's important to set up a single tuner, then when you go setup the other tuners, accept NextPVR's offer to copy the channels from the existing tuner. This will make one channel, available from multiple tuners. (Don't opt to manually scan each tuner - this causes it to create multiple copies of the channels, each only available via a single tuner)
Hi sub3, thanks for the info.
When I installed the quad tuner card, I didn't start from scratch. I let the software perform the discovery with the dual tuner configuration active. I had saved my channel list and imported it into each channel after the discovery was completed.
Is there a log or setup file I can send you so that you can see my current setup?

Sent from my GT-P3113
You can supply your npvr.db3. It'd be better to do that type of support over at the NextPVR forums though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Twin tuner tv with Kodio0