Roll back to Jarvis 16.1
Hi,

I installed v17.0 about a week ago but there is too much that does not work:
- YouTube app al lot of movies won't play
- Deredactie app (local TV app): same thing

In addition I had a few crashes, something that almost never happened before.

I still have the installation file of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and I want to roll back untill a more stable version of v17 is released.

Will my media database be intact if I install Jarvis 16.1 over 17.0?

Regards
Well yes a lot of add-ons failed on the update, not because Kodi was programmed badly.. but it's the reverse in most cases. There was a flurry of up-dates of add-ons after Krypton was introduced, and it's likely just moving back isn't going to repair anything. Krypton is pretty stable, the add-ons might be something else, I don't think there is a lot of good history of users retrograding Kodi, might be worth your while to leave posts with the 3rd party add-ons to support their software.

Suggestion: Install a portable mode Krypton, install the ad--ons paying close attention to problem add-ons.
I tried (and probably will again) to upgrade from 17 to 16 but it broke lots of stuff, I in effect had to reset to defaults. I believe in theory you shroud be able to go back but in practice my experience was not good. make sure you backup the settings files etc, it may make a mess
make sure to always take a backup of userdata (wiki) before any upgrade, restoring your old version is easy then.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Tongue 
Thanks guys, seems I am stuck. I will make no attempt to roll back. I will see how the stability of the 3rd party apps evolves. Maybe I'll mail Google to complain about the YouTube app ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roll back to Jarvis 16.10