PVR Notifications
(2017-02-23, 22:43)emveepee Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 22:18)ksooo Wrote: Are we talking about Estuary skin?

Yes although better then Confluence.

Quote:Are we talking about the loading message in the upper right corner of the screen that gets displayed on Kodi startup? Why is it annoying? Just because text scrolls?
Yes The busy wheel does distract me as I try to navigate because the movement takes my visual focus from the main menu. Even when I am waiting for the PVR functions to be available on the main menu there is too much info. Perhaps 200 channels makes it more annoying.

Quote:Which pvr add-on are we talking about? Mine does not show a message box if my backend is not reachable. Seems like an add-on bug to me if it refuses to load if the backend is down.

pvr.nextpvr it could be the addon but it shows as follows http://imgur.com/Cy5nHkP

Martin

Regarding annoying loading message: seriously? Honestly, I wish I would have your problems. ;-)

Regarding error box: It IS caused by the add-on which returns with an error code when it shall nd loaded. Maybe you should bug the add-on maintainer with that.
(2017-02-23, 23:21)ksooo Wrote: Regarding annoying loading message: seriously? Honestly, I wish I would have your problems. ;-)

I am not trying to offend anyone but a thread about optionally disabling PVR Notifications does mean some users don't like to see them, especially IMO these meaningless start up messages. I would think a clean interface with optimized startup is something of benefit to Kodi

Quote:Regarding error box: It IS caused by the add-on which returns with an error code when it shall nd loaded. Maybe you should bug the add-on maintainer with that.

I will pass it on to him thanks,

Martin
(2017-02-24, 00:20)emveepee Wrote:
(2017-02-23, 23:21)ksooo Wrote: Regarding annoying loading message: seriously? Honestly, I wish I would have your problems. ;-)

I am not trying to offend anyone but a thread about optionally disabling PVR Notifications does mean some users don't like to see them, especially IMO these meaningless start up messages. I would think a clean interface with optimized startup is something of benefit to Kodi

I don't think the start up messages are meaningless. I rely upon them to know when the network is fully up and the PVR backend fully loaded. Until the PVR client has fully loaded the guide data from the backend the EPG is useless. Also, previous versions of Kodi (≤16, perhaps 17 too) had an issue where if the EPG was opened before the guide was fully populated, then closed, the guide data finished populating, and then the EPG window was re-opened, the guide would not always show properly and would only contain the EPG items that were in the database when the EPG window was first opened.

Also, the duration of the guide loading notification is totally dependent upon your backend and the amount of data you are loading. 3 days of guide data for 200 channels takes seconds to load; 14 days of guide data for 500 channels can take a couple of minutes. If you have a slow wireless network connection or slow hardware (such as RPi), then the loading time for the data is even longer.

If you truly wish to remove all notifications, simply remove your skin's XML file for notifications so nothing is shown. Or, switch to a skin that you find less distracting.
To be clear I was asking for an option to disable this notification since I usually don't load Kodi to go into a PVR function. In any case you shouldn't really need to watch hundreds of lines of text scroll, with a percentage counter and a throbber just to to tell when a feature is ready to be used, the menu does that.

Perhaps the client server design of the pvr.nextpvr addon could be improved, my configuration is set to not store the EPG in Kodi and it still takes over a minute to load 3 days of < 200 channels on an i7 with wired GB networking. If it was seconds it would be no big deal.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Notifications0