v17 Kodi 17 won't work on my Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.3) HELP!!
How do I delete Addons27.db?
Search the forum - this is even covered in this very thread i bet. We have handled this topic way to much now to repeat it all over.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
As Memphiz said in another thread "move the file to the trash."
Solved - see my post
Hey guys, i'm having the same issue as everyone else... Appreciate the help Smile

https://pastebin.com/YJ6F6jtg

Thanks !
(2017-04-19, 23:11)kkubbezz Wrote: https://pastebin.com/YJ6F6jtg

Most likely http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058 will solve your issue.
If it doesn't post a Debug log (wiki). (You posted a crash log)
(2017-03-30, 21:07)DarrenHill Wrote: We do not support any install containing banned addons (wiki) which violate our forum rules (wiki).

Yours is such a device - clean things up and get rid of them all of you want help here.

You know once the bugs fixed they'll just reinstall them Darren, i think they should get support from the people who provide the wizards and keep it all out of here. Just my 2p worth as people spend time on this only to be stabbed in the back with these people dragging down kodi's good name.
https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/qC00mmJu

what do i have to do?
Okay, I'm having this same issue on my iMac. I have Kodi running perfect on my Sony (android based) TV and on my MacBook, but when I go to open Kodi on my iMac it just instantly closes. I have had this issue ever since I have had the iMac, Kodi has never worked. I tried creating the advancedsettings.xml file and putting it in the userdata folder inside Kodi and then when I go to library>logs there is still no Kodi.log file for me to post to get help fixing this problem. What else can I do? TIA.
I have read through all 5 pages of this thread as well trying to fix the problem myself. I don't even have the Addons27.db file to delete, I have tried the nightly release downloads and going back to an older version of Kodi to see if that works, I've removed everything related to Kodi that I can find and tried fresh installs 5 or 6 times at least, and nothing seems to be fixing the problem.
(2017-10-10, 20:28)dwold91 Wrote: Okay, I'm having this same issue on my iMac. I have Kodi running perfect on my Sony (android based) TV and on my MacBook, but when I go to open Kodi on my iMac it just instantly closes. I have had this issue ever since I have had the iMac, Kodi has never worked. I tried creating the advancedsettings.xml file and putting it in the userdata folder inside Kodi and then when I go to library>logs there is still no Kodi.log file for me to post to get help fixing this problem. What else can I do? TIA.

If it's working perfectly on your MacBook, maybe try copying the entire ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi folder from the MacBook to the iMac?  Assuming Kodi version is the same on both.  No guarantees, just throwing it out there.
Disable gatekeeper?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-10-10, 22:20)runningnaked Wrote:
(2017-10-10, 20:28)dwold91 Wrote: Okay, I'm having this same issue on my iMac. I have Kodi running perfect on my Sony (android based) TV and on my MacBook, but when I go to open Kodi on my iMac it just instantly closes. I have had this issue ever since I have had the iMac, Kodi has never worked. I tried creating the advancedsettings.xml file and putting it in the userdata folder inside Kodi and then when I go to library>logs there is still no Kodi.log file for me to post to get help fixing this problem. What else can I do? TIA.

If it's working perfectly on your MacBook, maybe try copying the entire ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi folder from the MacBook to the iMac?  Assuming Kodi version is the same on both.  No guarantees, just throwing it out there.

So after doing some more looking on the iMac, I think it was something wrong with the way the iMac was initially set up. When I first got the computer I didn't think I was going to have it that long so I just did a migration from my Macbook and set up the iMac that way. The very first time I tried to open Kodi after setting it up that way it didn't work. So I went back in and I actually had 2 application folders. 1 in Mackintosh HD > Applications that had all the applications in it and another in Users > Username > Applications that didn't have anything on it, but both folders had the little application icon on them indicating they were a system file that couldn't be deleted. Since I didn't have anything important on the iMac and now that it's actually mine so I'm going to be keeping it I just did a wipe and full clean install of High Sierra and Kodi worked just fine. I don't really know what exactly was making Kodi not work properly before, but the computer had issues. Like when I went to Application Support > Kodi on my Macbook it had all the proper files needed, but when I sent into Application Support > Kodi on my iMac there were only like 2 things, like the program wasn't completely installing correctly for whatever reason.
(2017-02-25, 13:18)Memphiz Wrote: Need the crashreporter log and debug log (wiki) (use pastebin.com instead of posting the logs directly in the forum)
Hi Memphiz. Can see you have helped other towards fixing of kodi not working for Mac. I have tried almost anything to solve my problem, but without any success. I'm running latest update for Mac and downloaded again newest update for kodi, but each time I try to launch Kodi, it simply won't start. I have tracked following error:
could not init logging classes.
Log folder error (/users/library/logs/)
Error: unable to create application. Exiting 
Segmentation fault: 11
Can you assist and help me with this issue. Tks in advance.
Well the text you quoted from me - do what it says ... I have no crystal ball

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 won't work on my Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.3) HELP!!0