Are there plans for a formal Amazon Fire* release?
Question 
Hi,

There's a formal release of Kodi for Android in the playstore, and I was wondering whether there was any reason there's no formal release of Kodi for either the Amazon FireTV Stick, or the Amazon Fire HD Tablets?

I've installed a clone (Aff Media Center) on the FireTV stick, which seems to have been abandoned, and I've got Kodi version 16.something on my FireHD Tablet. I realise the latter is mostly down to Android version targetting, but the former may be something which could have a release done?

I appreciate all the work the Devs put into the various platforms, and I'm certainly not complaining, I was just wondering whether there's anything in the pipeline?

Very many thanks for your time and effort!

Jon "The Nice Guy"
Ring up Amazon first and get them to re-instate Kodi back into the Amazon Apps store...

They are the ones who ripped it out of the Amazon Apps Store to protect their Online Video Streaming Business.

then after that you need to read Welcome to Android MediaCodec standards

There will be no Amazon Specific versions. All official Kodi Android versions will be the same.

If you want a custom Fork aka version of Kodi for FireTV's use MrMC
This is released by Davilla aka MrMC. A very experienced (former ?) Kodi developer. Wink

Other options are SPMC which you have to Sideload. Same Method as Kodi.

Thank you for your answer. That's exactly what I needed to know.

I'm sorry to hear that Amazon took that action, but... it's good to know there's an alternative which is under active development.

I'll not bother you for now, aside from to thank you again for your support.

JonTheNiceGuy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are there plans for a formal Amazon Fire* release?0