Clearing Cache or increasing cache size resolves buffering issues?
I am experiencing unusual buffering delays while streaming on Kodi. I don't know what's causing the problem as everything else seem to work perfectly fine. I have tried different tricks to resolve this issue, even had to argue with my ISP regarding slow internet connection. However, the issue still persists. A friend of mine said that your Kodi's cache might be full and that's why you are experiencing a lot of buffering while streaming. Has anyone tried clearing or increasing the cache? Please help.

Thanks
The whole point of a cache is that it's re-used. There are default caching settings, and you can tweak those, but the cache should never "fill up" like that.

Dare I ask what you're streaming, or from where/how? My guess would be a dodgy source or a long-winded, heavy-latency route between client and server.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Hey @Prof Yaffle I am trying to stream shows from ABC in 1080p but it takes a lot of time to buffer. I am using a 30 Mbps connection and it is connected via Ethernet. Normal quality streams are working fine but higher quality videos tend to buffer a lot.

As you put it, cache should never fill up. Perhaps increasing the cache size can resolve this issue. I justed to know if anyone has tried this, so I can get a feedback, in case I mess something up.
If you ask me, all this business with increasing cache is nonsense... the problem is always with A) internet provider B) server from which you are streaming...
Which add-ons
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-03-02, 09:37)DaLanik Wrote: If you ask me, all this business with increasing cache is nonsense... the problem is always with A) internet provider B) server from which you are streaming...
Exactly right, these people should stop watching "How to stop Kodi buffering" videos made by idiots on youtube Smile
I suppose it is a generation thing... kids don't know how to read or dislike reading Smile easier to watch video (also easier to make video than to write a blog or article) Smile

Sent from my N7100
Thread moved to OS independent - discussions isn't for support requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for all the help. This was a strange issue. Now everything seems to be working fine. Couldn't trace it what was causing the issue. Cache size is same. Buffering time is reduced to almost 0. Connection is however same, 50 mbps.

I wonder what was causing this issue. Any how, all good now. Thanks for the input. It really matter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearing Cache or increasing cache size resolves buffering issues?0