Multiple Disc Movies Appearing Multiple Times in Kodi
Hi,

I'm a Kodi newbie currently at the stage of getting my newly ripped DVD and blu ray collection into Kodi. I have Kodi v17.0 installed on my Windows 10 laptop to try and get everything working perfectly before moving my 4TB USB drive back to my Nvidia Shield.

So, the problem I am having is with movies on multiple discs that are appearing in Kodi multiple times, usually not just once per disc but maybe 15 times for a 2 disc movie (often once each for every .ifo and .vob). I have followed the advice on the Kodi wiki, searched Google but I have not managed to resolve the problem. When I do find a relevant thread, it's either not clear what the solution is as the OP states they got it to work but doesn't say how, or it's chalked up to a bug in Kodi.

Here are some examples of my folder naming structures, where a backslash (\) before the name indicates a folder with ripped content:

SINGLE DISC MOVIES (all read into Kodi correctly)

Blu ray (ripped with makemkv)
See screenshot of the following folder structure.

\Looper (2012).bluray.disc
\BDMV
\CERTIFICATE
\MAKEMKV

DVD (ripped with DVD Decrypter)
\A History of Violence (2005).dvd.disc

MULTIPLE DISC MOVIES (all either fail to read into Kodi at all or appear multiple times)

Blu ray (ripped with makemkv)

[See screenshot of the following folder structure.

\Star Trek (2009).bluray.disc
\Star Trek (2009).bluray.disc1
\BDMV
\CERTIFICATE
\MAKEMKV
\Star Trek (2009).bluray.disc2
\BDMV
\CERTIFICATE
\MAKEMKV

Interestingly Kodi does not find Star Trek, instead it lists two different movies that have similar names to two of the folders (the folder named CERTIFICATE results in a movie title of The Certificate and the folder named BACKUP finds Backup Boyfriend), yet Looper has the same folder structure but is found perfectly.

Kodi screenshot showing the above.

Kodi screenshot showing Bowling for Columbine appearing multiple times.

DVD (ripped with DVD Decrypter)

\Bowling for Columbine (2002).dvd
\Bowling for Columbine (2002).dvd.disc1
\Bowling for Columbine (2002).dvd.disc2

I have also tried creating an iso for multi-disc movies, and although the movie then appears correctly in Kodi it will not play. I've used both imgburn and free iso creator, do I need to specify a type of ISO that I am creating so that it knows it's a DVD or blu ray?

Can someone please give me an idea where I am going wrong with either the ISO method or the folder/file method I am using. Thanks.
I'll refer you to Naming video files/Movies (wiki) and this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2283350 which offers an advanced setting exclusion by black_eagle. You might also want to include in that regexp a folder named extras, and just dump extra video stuff to be excluded from the scans.

This is the convention for multiples, you need to turn on stacking in settings.

\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)\somefilename-cd1.mkv
\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)\somefilename-cd2.mkv

Off the wall link. http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle...collection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Disc Movies Appearing Multiple Times in Kodi0