[Kodi 17 Krypton]: unsmooth picture movement + crash on exit
@rr_7351

In windowed mode do you still have this issue? What about full screen window? In general the "Sync playback to display" allows Kodi to hold back to keep up with the audio. This thread might be useful http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2539615
I never used the windowed mode. Always full screen. So when I selected full screen nothing changed concerning the screen size. Just improved the movement.
Thanks for the link. All clear now. I guess there is nothing I can do. I'm betting replacing the GPU won't help either.
Ok, here I am, two years later. Occasional bad movement is still happening with Leia 18. Exactly the same as with 17.1 and 17.6. Approximately 10-20 times per movie. My GPU is now GTX1060.
So I did some digging. I disabled the DXV2A option, switched rendering to software and raised the scalers to 100 %. Seems like this helped. My CPU load didn't change and is still somewhere between 20-40%.
Adjust display refresh rate to match video was set to "always" in both cases.
(2019-07-15, 08:44)rr_7351 Wrote: My GPU is now GTX1060.
That's mine too! I do allow DXVA2 hardware acceleration. Are you still using a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine when Kodi 64 bit is available?
Hm, how can I check this?
I always use 64-bit versions but to be honest, I can't recall what I downloaded this time. Wink
Version-info says I'm running a version 18.3 GIT2090619-89472b7d69
Direct3D version: 9.3

Interestingly, GTX1060 is a fine card but I was way more happy with the old GTX560. It somehow memorized my audio settings when AVR was switched on. Plus, the KODI icon always stayed on the same display. Now I have to move the icon and re-check audio settings before using it. Not a big deal but it's kind of frustrating. You buy newer product and get lousier user experience.
I know, this is a graphic card driver issue but I still think it's worth mentioning.
(2019-07-16, 18:15)rr_7351 Wrote: buy newer product and get lousier user experience.
I'm in the same boat, pretty much feel the same. Send along another current debug log after you move up; from your last log 00:35:14 T:5772  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build
Have had the occasional stutter myself, even with a 2080 Ti. As above, it appears to hold back while it syncs refresh rates. This is with 'sync display' disabled and 'allow refresh rate to change' enabled on start and stop. Fullscreen window and hardware acceleration enabled. Interestingly, this was the case with 4K HDR files when played back via mpc player integrated into Kodi via playercorefactory.xml

Does that mean we're fighting a losing battle against Windows/Nvidia? And not related to Kodi? Can't remember this being an issue with an older Linux build.
I did some more testing yesterday and looks like my rendering was still set to DXVA. No problems whatsoever. I enabled the DXVA2 again and CPU load dropped to 5-10%. Picture still fine. I'm guessing raising the scalers to 100% fixed the thing. For now. Smile

I'll be back with the log!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton]: unsmooth picture movement + crash on exit1