Freeze when playing mkv
Upgraded recently to Kodi 17, using Aeon Madnox skin.
On occasion when playing an mkv movie (all my files are mkv) the movie will freeze for about 10 seconds and then go back to the main menu. I can then select the movie again and start playing and it doesn't seem to happen again on that play through.

I have been now trying to grab a debug log but of course it doesn't happen when I have that on...eventually I will capture it.
Any thoughts on this issue? Has anyone else seen this?

Home built HTPC
Windows 7 SP1

Dual attached NAS with GB connection

Thanks
I have some thoughts.

Running a similar network setup i experience this behaviour since krypton as well.
Only for me, exactly this happens when i (on purpose, lets say to just update somehting on the remote smb server and boot it just because i dont care) interrupt network connection while something is playing client-side.
In Jarvis, screen would freeze until the source came back online and then just continue playing, in krypton it does what you described.

Therfore ( and since you say that all files are mkv) i dont think file or format matters, might be a network disconnect for some reason. Would be fun to see if jarvis would cause the hickup but not the drop to home thing in your case.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Of course, debug would be good.
Good thought, this regreased the cogs in my brain, seems I may have had a similar thing happen a few years back.
I have a WDEX2 NAS, it has the ability to share files via several options...one being SMB. I believe that is how I connected in the past, had the same issue...now that I think about it, and I had to actually switch to an FTP share.

Recently I upgraded from Kodi 15 to Kodi 17, had done no updates. Moving from 15 -17 I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled new and grabbed my shares via SMB.
So that is currently my thought, I am going to re add via FTP

Thanks for the help
I did a quick search on network disconnects for your nas and got many, many threads on this.
Might be worth reading up on this, as well
I have had the NAS for 3 years and no issues to speak of. I believe I have the answer thanks to your earlier reply, switching to FTP connections and removing the SMB is the answer, also explains why I enabled FTP connections on the NAS

Thanks
Good, glad it's solved for you, although i really think SMB shouldnt have given you issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze when playing mkv0