v17 fresh music db built but possibly missing info?
Hi Dave and everyone else,

I know this maybe be more to do with the universal music scraper, which I had assigned when doing a fresh new build, but I've found that after the build has completed I am missing basic information like Artists bio or album review. When entering 'I' it is either blank or says no review for this album but if I click on refresh and wait then it refreshes and suddenly displays the artists bio or album review, of course where they exist.

Now, I've done a 'query info for all artists' and let that run but still no artist info and again I do a refresh and it's there?

So, is there a problem here or just something to do with my setup? Also is it possible somehow to get the info into Kodi without doing a manual refresh on every artist and album?

Anyone else had this or any other issue with bios / reviews not displaying in the info screen until a manual refresh?

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike, I don't think the issue is the Universal scraper nor Kodi, but just the server traffic.

Current default is "fetch additional info on update" disabled. This means that Kodi doesn't attempt to get artist bios or album reviews on library update. It allows the user to see the library produced by their tagging first, and remedy any odd things rather than dig into a deeper whole by scraping extra data. It also keeps the time taken to do the initial scan to a mimimum - it is just scanning tags not scanning tag and scraping extra info from online sources.

So yes, fresh new build artist bios and album reviews will be missing. To get that stuff either item at a time with refresh button from info dialog, or (better) from "Query info for all" from the context menu.

But if the scraper servers are busy then Kodi requests gets timeout error from the server and no data. If you look in a debug log it will show 503 errors. Last night querying for 1000 albums each pass of "Query info for all" was succesfully fetching less than 30 albums, and it took many repeated runs to fill in the gaps. I have also heard that some addons also independantly hammer the Musicbrainz server, meaning the user will get even more timeouts.

With a manual refresh you are sending just one request for data, so more chance of the server actualy giving a result. But if you repeat "Query info for all" enough times it will get there eventually.

Server overload for the info providers is an on going problem, made worse around Kodi release time because more people are doing it.
Thanks Dave,

Forgot all about the "fetch additional info" as I never really use it, did have .nfos for some artists but wiped them when looking into another issue, might look at building them again or just do as you say and just run query now and then or do artist / album now and then to re-build it all.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-02-24, 13:35)DaveBlake Wrote: But if the scraper servers are busy then Kodi requests gets timeout error from the server and no data. If you look in a debug log it will show 503 errors. Last night querying for 1000 albums each pass of "Query info for all" was succesfully fetching less than 30 albums, and it took many repeated runs to fill in the gaps. I have also heard that some addons also independantly hammer the Musicbrainz server, meaning the user will get even more timeouts.

It sounds to me like we are hitting their rate limiter again.

Are we still doing a hard coded 2 second pause between searches? Maybe this needs to be extended to 5 seconds.

EDIT: Don't forget there are independent TADB scrapers that do not use MB for the artist lookup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fresh music db built but possibly missing info?0