Win Couldn't install Kodi
Have tried to download and install Kodi from Microsoft Store. Downloads ok but install fails (0x8020002B). Have spent ages with MS support remote access to my PC without success. Finally, they suggested re-installing Windows 10. Have done this but same problem. MS now suggest problem is with Kodi. Has anyone experienced this and/or have a solution?
Seems MS support are idiots because I get the same error with the stupid Candy Crush update that's installed by default
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Let's take another tack; no point in confirming what MS support (doesn't get paid enoughSmile has said despite thousands of satisfied installations.

Delete all vestiges of Kodi on your hardware. What sort of equipment is it, laptop model, home built, or some box? Check my signature for hardware requirements, then if everything looks pretty good (watch out for gfx engine problems). Well grab the installer form the link at the top left of this page, and proceed from that point installing as administrator. If you get some error on installing, let me know exactly what it is please. On install run the program, and if you see a splash page, you're off to the races. A black screen indicates some graphic engine issue and a quick search in these forums will appraise you to this issue and some solutions.
(2017-02-24, 22:19)PatK Wrote: Let's take another tack; no point in confirming what MS support (doesn't get paid enoughSmile has said despite thousands of satisfied installations.

Delete all vestiges of Kodi on your hardware. What sort of equipment is it, laptop model, home built, or some box? Check my signature for hardware requirements, then if everything looks pretty good (watch out for gfx engine problems). Well grab the installer form the link at the top left of this page, and proceed from that point installing as administrator. If you get some error on installing, let me know exactly what it is please. On install run the program, and if you see a splash page, you're off to the races. A black screen indicates some graphic engine issue and a quick search in these forums will appraise you to this issue and some solutions.

Many thanks. Ran the current release installer (17.0) and Kodi now installed successfully on my machine (Acer Desktop/Windows 10). (Initially, inadvertently downloaded nightly 17.1 which Kaspersky subsequently rejected as unsafe).

So it seems there may be a problem in trying to install from Microsoft store - should I try to report this to Microsoft?
A few users have reported their virus checkers triggered and corrupted the install, it's not MS or a Kodi's issue but the protection software. Glad it worked out for you.
It's not an AV issue, at least for me: Windows Store fails to download the update, not to install it. I have no AV software but Windows Defender. No results even if I disable Windows Defender.
(2017-02-24, 23:40)PatK Wrote: A few users have reported their virus checkers triggered and corrupted the install, it's not MS or a Kodi's issue but the protection software. Glad it worked out for you.

Out of interest, the original installation attempts via MS Store failed even with Kaspersky disabled.
Looking into it.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308064
Smile 
Was having same problem/error code. Seems to be fixed as was just now able to install from Windows store - YAY Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couldn't install Kodi0