Win Does clearing cache in Kodi Windows affect video streaming or is it just a myth
Hi , noob here, does it really matter if i clear the cache in Kodi Windows ?
I have been arguing with people that it does, but they call be an idiot and call it a myth.
I recently got a "cache is full" message and proceeded to clear my cache and it worked. My HD videos play non stop and when i clear the cache every week it updates my add-ons and my Kodi downloads latest updates.
It's important to understand what a cache does and this wiki should make fast work of that Caches explained (wiki) and this wiki should take care of any modifications HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) should you need. (note: Krypton changes). Like all video cache settings and modes, the user does not need to manually "empty" the cache when using the "zero" setting. Kodi will automatically empty such temporary files. In some cases cache's can be corrupt, using a 3rd party cache from an add-on it's anyone's game if the cache is operating properly, and in that case emptying out the cache manually (if the add-on has that facility) may have impact.

FTW: Note: No amount of video cache tweaking will make a slow server connection any faster, which is a common issue for people who stream over the internet. Even if you have a fast connection on your device, it doesn't matter if the connection on the other end is slow. The server itself might not always be slow, but might be more busy at different times of the day.

This should be in everyone's tool kit. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does clearing cache in Kodi Windows affect video streaming or is it just a myth0