v17 Audio streams (ending .acc) freezing at start and between tracks
I've recently updated to v17 from v16.1 which didnt have these issues. Now whenever I try to play a music track or streaming audio my Kodi will freeze, becoming completely unresponsive on both my android phone and Windows PC. Eventually it will respond and the audio will start and plays a track fine, no stuttering, but once that track is finished the player will sit with 1sec remaining for ~2mins before starting the next track. Any help would be appreciated.
Debug log please (paste a link) preferably from Windows PC doing this.
It's seems to only happen with streamed music, either from radio.net addon or from my Emby server, as music played from my phones sd card didn't suffer the issue. I'll post the log links tomorrow when I'm back home and I can recreate the issue.

Sent from my SM-G920F
Hopefully this is a useful log. Music playback seemed alright, but then managed to lock kodi loading a IP radio station.

https://zerobin.net/?e27c44f8a7cb75b6#A4...SWrjyyyMBE=
(2017-02-25, 21:40)Matticusguy Wrote: It's seems to only happen with streamed music, either from radio.net addon or from my Emby server, as music played from my phones sd card didn't suffer the issue.
Ah, that makes things clearer. I suspect it is a TagLib issue, Kodi throwing internet streams at TagLib to scan for tags, even though it isn't going to show them, and TagLib getting indigestion looking for the end of the file before knowing there is no metadata to scan.

v17.0 should have a TagLib patch to fix this, but either that isn't on Android or it isn't solving all the problem.

Can you give me some sample streams or radio stations that you have this issue with please, do they all end .acc?
It was the planet rock aac stream, and it happened in both the windows and Android platforms, basically any stream that doesnt show a kbps on the interface.

Sent from my SM-G920F
I can reproduce the issue, which is always the first step towards a fix. It is related to playing internet streams ending ".acc", and a workaround in the meantime is to play these streams using the video player rather than the PAPlayer - start playback using "Play uisng" from the context menu, and then pick "Video player".

This http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2535623 reports a similar issue but on OE7.0.1 (which is v16 but Taglib v1.11.1).

Going to edit the thread title to be more specific.
Solves the lockup, hoping on a fix soon. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G920F

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio streams (ending .acc) freezing at start and between tracks0