Request scripting
Hello,

Could anybody make this custom script for me?
Please tell me your price for the following:

I have a server in a datacenter in use for downloading and watching divx movies. I have added a new source to the video content in order to watch my divx movies with the ftp protocol in xbmc.

What I want is a script thats gives me the possibility to browse thru my server, select a video and give XBMC information about the movie too:
so I can first read the descreption of the movie and watch the cover and then choose to watch a movie or go back and select another movie.

I have devided the video's in different directories: action, thriller, comedy etc.
In all of these directories I have created a new directory named after the movie.
In this directory you'll find the .avi file, .srt file, cover.jpg and a.txt file (.txt file is the movie description).

I want it keep it simple and keep this structure of directories, so I can copy new movies to the right directory.

Is it possible that whe used FTP or httpd (apache) for this?

Is there anybody that can make this script for me?
I will pay for it as long as you are willing to give me price info.

p.s: I am dutch, so if nessary I can explane my idea by telephone, or msn in dutch language, open for any suggestion
i think you can already do this with the latest xbmc, just network the divx videos through the video section in xbmc and you should be able to get the poster and information about the movie.
Read the online manual, get all your features... cost = Free
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks for the reply,

But I can not find the correct answer.
I used XBMC SVN 2007-09-30 (30th of September 2007) rev10387

Must I upgrade this, and wje can I find the manual for this?
link in my signature, search for library.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
tanks, great!

It work if i chose to use the scraper like imdb.
but i want to create my own movie descrition, so I have made and upload a nfo file.
i have named the nfo file to movie.nfo (just like the movie movie.avi)
i have placed this into the same directory.

But it wont work, i set the content, chose for nfo nfo scraper an run a scan.
but no movie inforation is avilible..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request scripting0